+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separated from wife but no divorce. CIC asked for divorce certificate. What should I do?

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Has anyone got PR approved, just with the affidavit , Proofs to prove that we are separated like Whatsapp chats, call history, social media chat etc?
I got a work permit with just the affidavit. I'm yet to process my PR. I also got a letter from my lawyer to support the furnishings that the divorce is in process..

ds1010

Feb 9, 2019
How about my daughter? Do I need to produce any document mentioning her?
You need to submit medical of your daughter whether she is accompanying you or not. As you are not divorced yet, she is considered as your family member.
If you don't submit medical or PCC of your daughter, then you need to give explanation why you not submitting (giving custody to your spouse) and have to assure them that you are not going to sponsor your daughter later

marcoch54

Jan 11, 2020
Hi,

I am on the same boat. I put legally separated on my status when I submitted my PR application. Now, CIC came back to me and is asking me to provide medical examination, police certificate, etc from my ex-spouse which is impossible as we are not in good terms. What I did was I applied for divorce and was signed by the judge and got stamped from the court as well. Do you think that this " filing of divorce" is enough to prove them that there is no chance of me and my ex-spouse on getting back together? I am afraid that CIC might ask for divorce certificate which of course will take time.
She has provided me with a notarized affidavit of separation declaring that she's unwilling to go through medical examination and police check and that she understands that she will no longer be eligible for Sponsorship to Canada. I provided CIC with that affadvit from her.

marcoch54

Jan 11, 2020
She has provided me with a notarized affidavit auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver of separation declaring that she's unwilling to go through medical examination and police check and that she understands that she will no longer be eligible for Sponsorship to Canada. I provided CIC with that affadvit from her.
I am on the same boat. I put legally separated on my status when I submitted my PR application. Now, CIC came back to me and is asking me to provide medical examination, police certificate, etc from my ex-spouse which is impossible as we are not in good terms. What I did was I applied for divorce and was signed by the judge and got stamped from the court as well. Do you think that this " filing of divorce" is enough to prove them that there is no chance of me and my ex-spouse on getting back together? I am afraid that CIC might ask for divorce certificate which of course will take time.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
legally separated document or proof that your divorce is in process is sufficient. You can even get a notarized declaration from your lawyer that the divorce is in process..

vijay1808

Dec 23, 2019
Hi lemongrass01, I received ITA on 19th December. I'm yet to submit the documents. My separation case with my spouse is on mutual consent and I wont be able to provide the divorce document until the case gets over. How about providing the copy of petition ? BTW, have u received ITA ?

I received a message from CIC asking for proof of separation(I submitted the application on 16th Feb) . I have planned to submit the petition - copy(Separation on mutual grounds) and a declaration from my advocate explaining the court proceedings in a stamp paper. Has anyone received a revert from CIC in this regard ?

ds1010

Feb 9, 2019
I received a message from CIC asking for proof of separation(I submitted the application on 16th Feb) . I have planned to submit the petition - copy(Separation on mutual grounds) and a declaration from my advocate explaining the court proceedings in a stamp paper. Has anyone received a revert from CIC in this regard ?
I was having pretty much similar case and I got the PR last month.
Yes, you can submit petition copy and affidavit from advocate. Additionally submit affidavit saying you will not sponsor ur spouse in future if you reconcile with her and also submit a letter wxplaining the whole situation.

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Been following this thread for long time and I am in similar situation like others. I have submitted my PR application on DEC 07th and waiting on batted breath about the result.

Applied as Legally Separated
Documents Submitted :
Court Petition of filling Divorce
Docket Number for reference
Legal Notice sent an year ago
Affidavit of separation ( Mentioning will not sponsor spouse to Canada)

Since the divorce case is ongoing and that too in India, its gonna take long time to process. We can hope that CIC is satisfied with the documentation provided that we are indeed separated and the reconciliation will not happen.

Last time when I called on Feb, I was Eligibility was met and Criminality is passed which is a good sign. Hoping for best.

@ds1010 - Please let us know what documents were submitted from your end and how long it took to get PPR from your AOR.

Thanks
Shan

Saggisouna

Jun 17, 2019
Greetings:

Please I have an urgent enquiry.

I currently live in Canada and about to apply for my PR. I have been seperated from my wife for about 3 years now while I had been a student here (although there is not legal seperation document yet as she is unsure or unwilling to move to Canada).

Is it possible to state "Married", fill in "No" to the question of if my wife will accompany me but put in the paperwork WITHOUT her medicals and police report since she is unwilling at this time. Bottom line, I have a family but will apply for the PR alone.

Finally, will I be able to sponsor my wife and daughter at a later time IF we get on better terms?
Hi Aali, i am in the same situation as you are, can you please tell me how to resolve your family paperwork with cic ?

SS_AMK

Jul 11, 2019
Hi
I am separated from my husband since May 2019. I already submitted an affidavit from my side. I am a Bangladeshi and legal separation system is not available here. My parents are not support me for divorce. I have a toddler. My husband has no objection if my daughter is accompanying with me to Canada. By this regard, he has already give me a affidavit letter about our minor child which I submitted to CIC yet. Now, CIC required separation documents and my ex PCC. It's quite difficult for me to submit. What can I do in this situation.
Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hey everyone,

A question, please. I am applying for PR and my M. Status is Divorced. I have the court order /Court hearing minutes as a divorce agreement, which is needed in every official step after that. No Divorce Certificate was issued. Will this cause me trouble?
The Court hearing states in detail the divorce agreement, place, names, and dates, stamped and signed by the judge. Due to the current situation and the situation back home (war zone) it is nor possible to issue a D. Certificate EVEN IF there is actually one.

Will this cause me a trouble?