+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separated from wife but no divorce. CIC asked for divorce certificate. What should I do?

Anu2017

Aug 11, 2017
Yes I did mention this "
l, XXXXX, further certify that my spouse (name of spouse) XXXXX does not
wish to undergo medical examination and police clearance process for the purposes of immigrating
to Canada. I understand that such a refusal will render my spouse ineligible to be sponsored for
immigrating to Canada at any time in the future if reconciliation were to occur prior to any legal
changes to my marital status cited above"
I'm in the same boat, aubmitted not sure what to do next.. please keep us posted..
Yes I did mention this "
l, XXXXX, further certify that my spouse (name of spouse) XXXXX does not
wish to undergo medical examination and police clearance process for the purposes of immigrating
to Canada. I understand that such a refusal will render my spouse ineligible to be sponsored for
immigrating to Canada at any time in the future if reconciliation were to occur prior to any legal
changes to my marital status cited above"
Seems like writing a detailed LOE is the only way now or getting the divorce certi.. I'm in the same boat, please keep us posted..

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi , I filed for divorce on Jan-2021 and submitted my PR on Apr-2021 as Legally Separated.
I enclosed -LOE , notarized affidavit of separation, certified copy of divorce petition from the court.
Now IRCC came back and asking me for divorce certificate. When I contacted IRCC, the agent said, since am not divorced yet, am technically still married and I have to submit PCC, medicals for my estranged/ex spouse. I explained to the agent that We are not in good terms and she would never agree to it. The Agent replied that there is no other way, I have to convince the visa officer now.

Seems like people who are going through divorce are not advisable to apply for PR!.

Any suggestions would help!

thanks,
Prakash
Hi. I am also undergoing a divorce. My aor is Feb 14, 2021. I submitted affidavit and certified mutual divorce petition with loe explained in detail. I am FSW O and didn't receive any response from there yet. My case is posted to August and hopefully I get my divorce by then.

Did you tell them of your case hearing?
Thanks

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I'm in the same boat, aubmitted not sure what to do next.. please keep us posted..

Seems like writing a detailed LOE is the only way now or getting the divorce certi.. I'm in the same boat, please keep us posted..
Will IRCC wait until we get divorce as there no way out?

prakashsk656

May 25, 2021
Hi. I am also undergoing a divorce. My aor is Feb 14, 2021. I submitted affidavit and certified mutual divorce petition with loe explained in detail. I am FSW O and didn't receive any response from there yet. My case is posted to August and hopefully I get my divorce by then.

Did you tell them of your case hearing?
Thanks
Yes, but they said I have to convince the visa officer somehow

Kiki-Canada

Jan 16, 2021
Hi,all!!
I have a question for all of you that IRCC officer called to my agent and requested “separation agreement” which show a proof of my martial status. I applied for PR and I am “legally separated”. I submitted separation agreement at the beginning of the month and i got reply back that separation agreement that I submitted was not satisfied for pR. They asked for another document showing i am legally separated.
What else, I can submit??
Please, help me out!!
Very frustrating and sad...

Jun 1, 2021
Hi guys!!

So here is my situation..

I applied as a single applicant and got my PPR in March 2020. However I could not fly due to Covid restrictions. Then I got married in mid 2020 and added my spouse to the application. The medicals were done but his biometrics is still pending due to them not processing files during the lockdowns. Unfortunately things dint workout well for us and we have been living separately since March 2021. I can not apply for divorce at the moment as we have not completed the stipulated 1 year separation before filling. And he is not willing to allow me to travel alone after changing him to a non accompanying spouse. In a way he is taking full advantage of my situation. What do you guys suggest I do? Please help. This is mentally excruciating ..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
as in if i change him to non accompanying he will not cooperate.
Not cooperate with what? Advise IRCC that your family situation has changed and you are dropping him entirely from your application. (Which actually is what you need to do, not just change him to non-accompanying).

Then, when you have copr and are ready, move to Canada, finalize your divorce in time, and forget about him.