+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent Passport directly to Canadian High Commision

memoor

Apr 1, 2022
Hello, I was asked to submit my passport on the 21st of March, i sent directly to the Canadian High Commision in Accra IRCC where my application is being processed is this the right process, if not, is there any implication and how do i go about retrieving my passport

memoor

Apr 1, 2022
The Instruction said to send to the nearest VAC office, which in my case is the VFS in lagos. But on getting there we were told that the no longer drop of passports there, that we should go to either DHL or UPS to drop it off, and that is where the mix up occured. The Agent was ignorant of the process and we ended up sending directly to the Canadian High Commision in Accra.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The Instruction said to send to the nearest VAC office, which in my case is the VFS in lagos. But on getting there we were told that the no longer drop of passports there, that we should go to either DHL or UPS to drop it off, and that is where the mix up occured. The Agent was ignorant of the process and we ended up sending directly to the Canadian High Commision in Accra.
So you did not "send to the nearest VAC office." The instructions are, I believe, on the VFS website (although don't know details for Accra) - and you can certainly call/internet chat with VFS.

Who knows what the High Commission will do. I doubt they will have a separate budget to return to you.

memoor

Apr 1, 2022
Yeah thats my fear, any advise on what to do, I'm really concerned with my passport not getting lost

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would stop using the agent. Not sure why you didn’t go to DHL/UPS yourself. Very strange for the consultant to send in your passport.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Would stop using the agent. Not sure why you didn’t go to DHL/UPS yourself. Very strange for the consultant to send in your passport.
I agree. Agent that cannot follow instruction and just send your passport to whatever he/she felt like sending to...

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
At this point I would go to your Countrys Couselate & apply for a new passport
What’s the impact of getting a new passport (means, a new passport number) which IRCC has no info about, after the PPR is issued?

memoor

Apr 1, 2022
Hello, I was asked to submit my passport on the 21st of March, i sent directly to the Canadian High Commision in Accra IRCC where my application is being processed is this the right process, if not, is there any implication and how do i go about retrieving my passport
Hi All,

The mix-up has been sorted, my application has been approved and counterfoil issued, I would have DHL Pick-up my passport and other document from the Canadian High Commission Accra and couriered back to me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

The mix-up has been sorted, my application has been approved and counterfoil issued, I would have DHL Pick-up my passport and other document from the Canadian High Commission Accra and couriered back to me.
Never use the agent again