+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent out passport with smaller Xpresspost return envelope

demara

Mar 26, 2013
Hi guys!

I'm in Canada and almost finished my immigration process.
I got passport request in the end of June and sent out passport with biodata and photos by Xpresspost (Canada Post) on July 31.
The only problem is that i enclosed Regular size Xpresspost envelope (26cmx15.9cm) instead of lettersize envelope for return mailing as it's usually requested by CPP Ottawa.
Canada Post worker convinced me that for passport return we can use smaller envelope, i really dont know guys why I listened to her.
Later i realized that they're going to send some additional documents like CoRP together with the passport and that's why they needed bigger envelope.
My concern is that they will send me whole batch by regular mail, and i dont trust it too much...
I know i sound a bit paranoid, but after 2 years of immigration process even small issue makes me feel nervous :'(
Guys, anyone did the same thing? If yes, how you got your passport back, in smaller Xpresspost envelope or by regular mail?

THanks a lot!!

demara

Mar 26, 2013
demara said:
Hi guys!

I'm in Canada and almost finished my immigration process.
I got passport request in the end of June and sent out passport with biodata and photos by Xpresspost (Canada Post) on July 31.
The only problem is that i enclosed Regular size Xpresspost envelope (26cmx15.9cm) instead of lettersize envelope for return mailing as it's usually requested by CPP Ottawa.
Canada Post worker convinced me that for passport return we can use smaller envelope, i really dont know guys why I listened to her.
Later i realized that they're going to send some additional documents like CoRP together with the passport and that's why they needed bigger envelope.
My concern is that they will send me whole batch by regular mail, and i dont trust it too much...
I know i sound a bit paranoid, but after 2 years of immigration process even small issue makes me feel nervous :'(
Guys, anyone did the same thing? If yes, how you got your passport back, in smaller Xpresspost envelope or by regular mail?

THanks a lot!!

I e-mailed to CPP -Ottawa and they answered that there is no problem, my passport and the documents they will issue will fit into the envelope i enclosed. So seems like everything is fine so far. Waiting for my tracking to be activated!

arg_m

Oct 18, 2018
I e-mailed to CPP -Ottawa and they answered that there is no problem, my passport and the documents they will issue will fit into the envelope i enclosed. So seems like everything is fine so far. Waiting for my tracking to be activated!
6 years later this helped me. They do not specify envelope sizes, so I assumed the same used for TRV. Thanks!

Reactions: canadaguy238