+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sent a document a day after i sent the application package

labeamer

Jul 30, 2014
i sent the outland full application package for my wife and i realized i did not sign one of the forms. So I sent the form and a brief cover letter (the next day through canadapost ordinary mail) saying that "i sent the package yesterday, i forgot to sign the form, blah blah and here is the original form (complete and signed) and please include it with the package you will receive by tomorrow."

Since we do not have a UCI, I just added my name (sponsor's) and date of birth and wife's name and date of birth. Do you guys think if this will work or will they send all the application pack back? Any experience? Thanks.

labeamer

Jul 30, 2014
and also i just saw that she underlined her native language from the list on Question #2 of IMM5669, but she didn't write her full name in her native script. But she wrote her name in her native script in Section A of IMM5406.

So she forgot to write her name (native script) in one form but she wrote in the other form. Is this a big deal? Are they gonna return the package because of this?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you at least send it using a tracking number, or delivery confirmation?

Since CIC would not have even entered your information into their system yet, I think it's likely that your entire application will be returned.
A missing signature is usually a big deal, so it will be no surprise if everything is returned.

Good luck!

labeamer

Jul 30, 2014
Thanks, Ponga. Yes I did send the original package with tracking. But the signed form (only two pages) which I sent the next day is just through regular canadapost mail to their PO Box. I entered mine and wife's info on the cover letter and i'm hopping they should be able to identify and include the new form to my package. They should get the new form a day or two after they got my package.

The other one that bugs me is that she forgot to write her name in her native script in one of the forms, but wrote in the other one. Do you think not writing a name in native script is a big deal and they would return the entire package?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's impossible to say for sure, but if they don't match your two packages together (which is highly possible, since your first one won't even be in their system), you could get it all back. All you can do is wait and pray.

Sorry, but I can't answer the native script question.

Good luck!

mega_option101

Feb 5, 2016
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ: 22-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-06-2016
labeamer said:
Thanks, Ponga. I'll hope for the best.

Anyone with any experience would be appreciated?
I think that what Ponga has said will most likely be the case.

I would expect to have your application returned due to the missing signature. You need to keep in mind that the volume of applications they are processing at the same time - it's unlikely that they will find your documents in time to attach the missing form you sent in - before they have a chance to go through your initial package and return it as being incomplete.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[From CIC document ip08):

Initial receipt and coding

An initial process occurs on receipt of every application, including those involving Quebec
applicants. This process includes information gathering, record creation and administrative steps
to ensure that initial evaluation can begin. This process includes, among others, the following
steps:
• verification for completeness;
return to sponsor, if application is not complete, or acceptance by date stamp receipt;
• creation of both a paper and electronic file;
• acknowledgement; (this is AOR)
• request for any support documents or information that may be missing;
• verification of and possible printing of the FOSS and/or CAIPS record; and
• electronic transfer of biodata information to CPIC.

As stated, a missing signature will certainly mean that the application is NOT complete.

labeamer

Jul 30, 2014
Thanks both.

Hmmm so it probably means waiting for more than a month before we get the package back. How sad and what a waste of time?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
labeamer said:
Thanks both.

Hmmm so it probably means waiting for more than a month before we get the package back. How sad and what a waste of time?
If it is returned, you need to also check the CIC website before sending it back, to make sure none of their forms have been updated since you originally sent the application...otherwise, it could be returned again!