+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sense Check

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Huge congrats to those who have received an ITA today through the EE process but please can those who have not received it please accept facts. Stop f**king complaining! :mad:

For the foreseeable future, you need an LMIA to get PR so focus on trying to achieve that and nothing else.

I have lived in Canada on a temporary work permit for 2.5 years, have a well-paid job, have paid a substantial amount into the Canadian tax system, now have 2 Canadian children on Canadian passports and yet because I don't have an LMIA, am being 'queue-jumped' by people who have never been to Canada. And all because of a PR application system that has completely changed the rules since 2014. My work permit runs out in 3 months and if I can't magic a miracle, I will lose my job with no redundancy package despite 10 years service and will have to move my family out of Canada.

I'm not posting this to attract sympathy. It just gets a little tiring reading people complaining because CIC didn't do a draw by a certain time and when they did, you weren't successful.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheesycheese said:
Huge congrats to those who have received an ITA today through the EE process but please can those who have not received it please accept facts. Stop f**king complaining! :mad:

For the foreseeable future, you need an LMIA to get PR so focus on trying to achieve that and nothing else.

I have lived in Canada on a temporary work permit for 2.5 years, have a well-paid job, have paid a substantial amount into the Canadian tax system, now have 2 Canadian children on Canadian passports and yet because I don't have an LMIA, am being 'queue-jumped' by people who have never been to Canada. And all because of a PR application system that has completely changed the rules since 2014. My work permit runs out in 3 months and if I can't magic a miracle, I will lose my job with no redundancy package despite 10 years service and will have to move my family out of Canada.

I'm not posting this to attract sympathy. It just gets a little tiring reading people complaining because CIC didn't do a draw by a certain time and when they did, you weren't successful.
sorry, sir. next time we want to post anything on the web, we'll ask your permission first. :mad: why can't people just mind their bussiness and have to start stupid threads making the situation worse.

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsb123 said:
why dont you ask your company to apply for LMIA
?
Good idea. Wish I'd thought of that since they capped 2014 PR 3 days ago when I didn't need it. ;D

good_choice

Jan 31, 2015
Lol, don't worry, by the time you are back home with your Canadian kids after 3 months, you will f**king complain too.

Everyone deals with situations differently, that's why people are complaining.

Just like your story, some have it really bad and feel shattered, its okay to vent. That's their prerogative

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.B.123 said:
sorry, sir. next time we want to post anything on the web, we'll ask your permission first. :mad: why can't people just mind their bussiness and have to start stupid threads making the situation worse.
As opposed to the endless mind-numbing threads about when the draw will be, has the draw happened, why you 'deserved' ITA but didn't get it, etc.

My point is there is always someone in a worse position than you but the rules are the rules. Deal with it and move on. If anyone has a worse situation than me (and there really can't be many), I am sorry but keep fighting for what you want....there's always a way..... ;)

hsb123

Aug 14, 2013
My point is there is always someone in a worse position than you but the rules are the rules. Deal with it and move on. If anyone has a worse situation than me (and there really can't be many), I am sorry but keep fighting for what you want....there's always a way..... ;)
[/quote]

why didn;t you applied in CEC after 1 year experience?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
cheesycheese said:

My name is cheesycheese and I think I am sooo coooooool ;-)
Actually when you see most folks here are complaining, you are getting depressed and freaking out with that and you need some way to be relaxed so as a result you are shouting on everybody to stop complaining.

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good_choice said:
Lol, don't worry, by the time you are back home with your Canadian kids after 3 months, you will f**king complain too.

Everyone deals with situations differently, that's why people are complaining.

Just like your story, some have it really bad and feel shattered, its okay to vent. That's their prerogative
I don't disagree with you. :)

Perhaps my point has been missed....focus on what you can change, not waste time on things you can't.
I believe my situation is, relatively, as bad as it can be but there's one thing I've learnt today...........

If you haven't got LMIA. in the short term, you're not getting an ITA.

Don't fight the system because you won't win. Learn from it and adapt. ;)

hsb123

Aug 14, 2013
that significantly tells me that you lost your chance. don't you have right to complain regardless of system issues. But anyways best of luck for future. Try sask / BC for PNP. or any other company who can give you LMIA

good_choice

Jan 31, 2015
cheesycheese said:
I don't disagree with you. :)

Perhaps my point has been missed....focus on what you can change, not waste time on things you can't.
I believe my situation is, relatively, as bad as it can be but there's one thing I've learnt today...........

If you haven't got LMIA. in the short term, you're not getting an ITA.

Don't fight the system because you won't win. Learn from it and adapt. ;)
Why didn't you apply for FSW2014 since you have worked here for 1.5 years?
Why didn't you apply for CEC?
I think there is work permit extension for PGWP.
My friend on PGWP has extended his before.

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I seem to have accidentally stirred a hornet's nest so to try and answer;

hsb123 said:
why dont you ask your company to apply for LMIA
?
They're making people redundant. I have 10 years redundancy package due to me. If they decline my LMIA. they won't have to pay me a cent. If they want to save money they'll just let me rot.

hsb123 said:
why didn;t you applied in CEC after 1 year experience?
Good question but I started the PR process with 1 year of my TWP left and through circumstances am no further forward now than I was then. BIG lesson learnt.

hsb123 said:
that significantly tells me that you lost your chance. don't you have right to complain regardless of system issues. But anyways best of luck for future. Try sask / BC for PNP. or any other company who can give you LMIA
Thank you. I do feel particularly 'shafted' but it is what it is. I'll find a way to get round this and move on. I'm probably a little sensitive because of my circumstances. Sorry!

good_choice said:
Why didn't you apply for FSW2014 since you have worked here for 1.5 years?
Why didn't you apply for CEC?
I think there is work permit extension for PGWP.
My friend on PGWP has extended his before.
Thank you as well. I'm seeing an immigation adviser on Monday. I have a 3yr TWP so know I can get a 1yr extension, in which time I can 'manipulate' a successful PR application (and let's be honest, that's what we all have to do now - it's all about the points ;) ) but it's the redundancy aspect that really f**ks everything up for me. If my company don't want to support me, I'm done.