+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seniors pls advise...URGENT PLS

Crook123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
my application was signed n received by krswzda on apr 3rd 10am....on 5th cic update that NOC 6242 cap reached...

pls tell me with current situation will my file be in that 500 or iam out of the cap.....

pls revert iam so tensed

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Crook123 said:
my application was signed n received by krswzda on apr 3rd 10am....on 5th cic update that NOC 6242 cap reached...

pls tell me with current situation will my file be in that 500 or iam out of the cap.....

pls revert iam so tensed
Nobody wants to give the bad news...but most likely your application might have reached after the Cap..... :(

Crook123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
no mitali pls dnt say this....with cic giving away pers so fast seems theres nobacklog....wat do u think

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Crook123 said:
no mitali pls dnt say this....with cic giving away pers so fast seems theres nobacklog....wat do u think
Please dont get me wrong....I do want your application to get through....but the current trend at CIC is a different picture altogether, even though there is a slight increase in activity at CIC. Your NOC is very much in demand and I am sure many applications were waiting already in the "Waiting" for the CIO officials to have a look.

You could try for MI5 which will be for grabs on 1st July....have all the docs ready. Get ready to procure another copy of IELTS and the package ref letters in case you do not get back your package in time.

Dont lose hope...please. Hope your application passes the acid test.

Mitali

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
mitali said:
Please dont get me wrong....I do want your application to get through....but the current trend at CIC is a different picture altogether, even though there is a slight increase in activity at CIC. Your NOC is very much in demand and I am sure many applications were waiting already in the "Waiting" for the CIO officials to have a look.

You could try for MI5 which will be for grabs on 1st July....have all the docs ready. Get ready to procure another copy of IELTS and the package ref letters in case you do not get back your package in time.

Dont lose hope...please. Hope your application passes the acid test.

Mitali
+1 to mitali for those encouragin words to crook123

Crook123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
i too just hope that it passes acid test...thanx for ur prompt n encouraging response....

what is MI5.....can u pls explain me more on this???

wat u think NOC 6242 wont be in next list???

spongebob18

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SENT:07-03-2012 RECEIVED:12-03-2012 (by MIKE)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
BD ENCASHED:19-03-2012 PER:27-03-2012
IELTS Request
07-03-2012
Crook123 said:
i too just hope that it passes acid test...thanx for ur prompt n encouraging response....

what is MI5.....can u pls explain me more on this???

wat u think NOC 6242 wont be in next list???
MI5 = Will be the next eligible occupation list for fsw, which should be out by july 1,2012.

Nobody knows which NOC will be on "The List", we will just have to wait and see.

Crook123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
iam so so dissapointed...i was thinking i'll make it considering noc numbers moving so slow....

so no chance now n mitali if i get all the doc but if my noc is not on mi5?????

out of ur experience lemme know wat u feel will it be on the list???

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
If you or anyone worrying about how quickly a NOC will be reached will go back and track how many applications are added in a period of time it might give you some guidance as to how many more days/weeks before the cap is reached. Bear in mind there could be a flurry of apps as the numbers approach the cap.
Second point, if I had to bet on 6242 being included in the next NOC LIST, I would say yes. Just looking at the number of job postings for that occupation shows that there are quite a lot. I hope this gives you encouragement, that and the fact that you have almost three months until July 1st, which gives you plenty of time to mount a new application and with luck, the original one will be in your hands before then. Take this time to go over it line by line. Look at the documents you have supplied, how you have worded your descriptions. Make sure the most up to date forms are used. Is there anything more you could add to enhance your application? Good Luck!

sabyozi

Apr 6, 2012
HI PLS HELP..I sent my application for NOC cook category my courier received by CIO on 4th apr when the caps were 450 and when I checkd the capping on 5th it was still the same but on 6th it reachd 500. Will they include my application??? I am so nervous

Crook123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
wwme too thinking n sailing in the same boat as u r.....just pray that it added n if it doesnt lets hope in next list v make it....

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Crook123 said:
iam so so dissapointed...i was thinking i'll make it considering noc numbers moving so slow....

so no chance now n mitali if i get all the doc but if my noc is not on mi5?????

out of ur experience lemme know wat u feel will it be on the list???
Hi,

I can fully understand your condition. :(

We on the forum here can merely predict what could happen in the next year at CIC. I can be very wrong in my assessment, so please please do not take my word on this.

Your NOC has been a very popular one and has been on the list several times and I feel that this time it may not be on the list for the following reasons:

Canada is currently poised to retire the baby boomers and thus a number of positions will be up for grabs in the category of "SKILLED and experienced professionals" in the category of Industry and health care professions.

"This policy change would move the focus from Canada's traditional immigration preference for university educated migrants towards those with skills that could be utilised to fill industry shortages, such as bricklayers, masons, iron and sheet-metal workers and construction-site managers."

http://www.workingin-canada.com/visa/skills-in-demand/canada-targets-skilled-trades#.T3_aEJmvLTp

http://www.workingin-canada.com/visa/skills-in-demand/health-professionals#.T3_abZmvLTo

There are many such references on the internet.

I dont have the statistics to refer regarding the saturation of NOC 6242 in Canada, so cannot predict justly. But at the sametime, Canada will require cooks to feed the Canadians...so I hope your NOC will show up in MI5 list.

I dont want to show you any picture through rosy glasses.....JUST BE PREPARED....

Keep your hopes alive by collecting all the documents (AGAIN); improve upon your IELTS , if required, as the points system is likely to change too.

Wish you GOOD LUCK.

Mitali