+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors Help Please

maxo

Star Member
Dec 29, 2008
Hi,

Just oredered my caips,would like to know the difference between PSDEC & SelDec.

However i know the full form but would like to know it's importance in processing stage.

My bfd date is set to Feb 2010 but still no communication from cic,any idea when can i hear from them?

Thanks for your time!

Dev d

Mar 15, 2010
psdec is done immidiately after receiving the total application package, after positive psdec our ecas shows in process...after that seldec is decided by all background checks..this also determines if we need to appear for interview or not...so when seldec is 4..it means background checks are over and there is no need for interview...and medical request is send immidiately after that...and after doing medical there will be security checks and after that there is findec.

note: before security checks bdec is not filled with any entry..although background checks are over but security checks comes under bdec as well, so don't get confused.

if u don't mind u can share all the values entered in psdec, seldec, bedec with us, so that we could help u better.

gud luck