Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
Hello everyone!

My love and I are planning on sending our application within the next few weeks, as soon as the police/FBI checks and marriage certificate arrive! I just have a couple more (I've been posting a lot :-[) questions, this time in regards to mailing the application!

We have a hefty stack of paper that is my husband's phone bills. We didn't even include text messages, because those monthly bills show 6000-8000 minutes between us A MONTH (for a little over 12 months)! So, there are a lot of papers. Does the size/type of envelope we mail this stuff in matter? It seems we need the largest available... we were thinking about getting the large bubblewrap-lined envelope. It'll still be bulky, but there's a lot of stuff to mail.

Also, how should our stuff be organized in there? We have the forms paperclipped in neat little piles. (pages 1-4 of a form together, etc) We have our pictures loose, other proof materials loose including letters of support and whatnot. I put his four immigration photographs in a sealed envelope. Everything else is just kind of loosely put in the envelope. Does this sound okay?

Also, we are sending ours to Mississauga to be transferred to Buffalo. Do they know automatically that an outland application is to be sent to Buffalo, or do we have to specify somewhere? A stick note? A letter?

Any advice/answers are greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much,
- Angel & Rob

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
AngelB,

According to my research it was never said how to package the applications and documentation (what kind of envelope to use) it only states what kind of documentation not to send (i.e. no musical card, albums, video cassettes...etc)

When you send your application to CPC-Mississauga, they automatically send it to the processing center in Buffalo. According to the a representative when we called the CIC Help Desk -he notified us that the applications will be processed in Mississauga and Buffalo.

Aside from your questions - what kind of phone service (carrier) do you use to comminute? (Wh? Because I use Verizon Wireless for my mobile and Time Warner for home service to communicate, but just recently Verizon Wireless took away my Unlimited Nights & Weekend minutes from me so I'm looking for another mobile carrier service)

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
My application was 645 pages. We separated it into 4 envelopes. One for sponsor application and documents, one for applicant application and documents, a large portfolio/folder with communication evidence (417 pages of phone bills, texts, copies of postcards and letters, emails and skype logs) and then another large portfolio with all other evidence and photos (we also included 220 4x6 photos) The application forms were paperclipped together, and then sections were held together with binder clips. I put a cover letter on top of each section. ie. Please find attached evidence supporting our marriage which took place April 22, 2010 (I then listed the items, registry receipt, dress receipt, supportive email from my mom, etc, and photos) For photos, I put each section of pictures (relationship progression, engagement party, wedding, honeymoon) in 5x7 envelopes and listed the contents on the front of the envelope. I then used a binder clip to attach the envelope to the proper section of the application.

All 4 envelopes were placed in a box I bought from Canada Post. It was 9x12x5". I put a cover letter on top. I think my application was about 4.5kgs, and cost $55 to send by priority post from Alberta. It arrived the next morning.

Hope this helps!

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
DKA said:
Aside from your questions - what kind of phone service (carrier) do you use to comminute? (Wh? Because I use Verizon Wireless for my mobile and Time Warner for home service to communicate, but just recently Verizon Wireless took away my Unlimited Nights & Weekend minutes from me so I'm looking for another mobile carrier service)
Thank you for the response!

My husband was spending SO MUCH on phone bills for us to communicate that he went on a mad hunt for the best deal possible. We now use SKYPE. Skype has a program called a "To Go Number" which allows him to store my long distance number as a local number (he calls the local number Skype supplies, and it connects to me). He uses Skype through his cell phone, not the computer. Anyway, he pays a small monthly fee for a large amount of minutes. If he goes over... he pays 2 cents per minute. Skype was a HUGE relief for us. This "To go number" saves him the long distance fee. His phone bill is now entirely manageable! Skype is great for that, so check it out!

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/skype-to-go-number/

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
bobshynoswife said:
My application was 645 pages. We separated it into 4 envelopes. One for sponsor application and documents, one for applicant application and documents, a large portfolio/folder with communication evidence (417 pages of phone bills, texts, copies of postcards and letters, emails and skype logs) and then another large portfolio with all other evidence and photos (we also included 220 4x6 photos)

All 4 envelopes were placed in a box I bought from Canada Post. It was 9x12x5". I put a cover letter on top. I think my application was about 4.5kgs, and cost $55 to send by priority post from Alberta. It arrived the next morning.

Hope this helps!
EXCELLENT advice! Thank you VERY much.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Any kind of envelope is OK.
For organization, people have done it many different ways. As long as there is some order, it will be OK.
I suggest putting your proof of a genuine relationship together, and adding an index explaining what everything is.
For example: number the pages then add an index: 1. pages 1 - 65 phone bills
2. pages 66 - 70 inbox of ____'s email account
3. pages 71 - 88 a selection of emails from _____ to _____
Or put the evidence in sections with tabs, then add an index: Tab A: phone bills
Tab B: inbox of ______'s email account and a selection of emails from __ to __

A detailed index also helps if, during the application process, the papers get out of order. The visa officer then has a better chance of getting everything back into order.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I just edited my response to add more.

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
AngelB said:
Thank you for the response!

My husband was spending SO MUCH on phone bills for us to communicate that he went on a mad hunt for the best deal possible. We now use SKYPE. Skype has a program called a "To Go Number" which allows him to store my long distance number as a local number (he calls the local number Skype supplies, and it connects to me). He uses Skype through his cell phone, not the computer. Anyway, he pays a small monthly fee for a large amount of minutes. If he goes over... he pays 2 cents per minute. Skype was a HUGE relief for us. This "To go number" saves him the long distance fee. His phone bill is now entirely manageable! Skype is great for that, so check it out!
AngelB,

Thanks for the suggestion, my homeland phone provider (Time Warner) gives me unlimited minutes to Canada, and my cell phone plan USED to give me 900 day time minutes (no roaming charges even when I use my phone when I travel to Canada) and Unlimited Nights & Weekend Minutes to Canada. Now all I get is 1900 minutes for the whole month (still includes no roaming o long distance charges when in Canada)

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
Ours went in a normal large brown envelope.
We didn't go overboard on evidence, just gave enough for a solid case.
I think ours went through quick because the IO's didn't have to spend months reading through it.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
^^^^^^In response to the above post, I just wanted to add that I know my application seems excessive, but that's because we're applying through Accra, which has a refusal rate of 40%.

Of course if you are a UK citizen applying through London, or an American citizen applying through Buffalo you would not need to send as much as we (unfortuntely) had to send in.

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
I understand that, and hope it all goes well for you, I just wanted to show that it isn't always necessary to send huge applications off if the case is pretty simple. Just showing the other side of the coin. :)

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
hi guysss...need quick answer that while filing electronically the size of the text is very small for additional family information as it is by default should i fill it as it is..

regards
mrshah

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
oh wow 647 pages??? yeh mine was not that much at all.. maybe 700gs..?
maybe like 75 pages? not sure.. hmm still waiting for my sponsorship letter...