+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending restoration of status with inland spousal sponsorship + open work permit?

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
You definitely should apply to restore, and to piggyback off of what canuck78 said you should apply for the open work permit as well. I recommend doing it on the same form as I have done, but if you still have any doubts then I would file a restoration the way that the website recommends, and then also apply for an open work permit with your PR. That will significantly affect the length of your OWP processing though, since you won't get it until your status is restored or until you get AIP

sara_f1

Jun 27, 2020
You definitely should apply to restore, and to piggyback off of what canuck78 said you should apply for the open work permit as well. I recommend doing it on the same form as I have done, but if you still have any doubts then I would file a restoration the way that the website recommends, and then also apply for an open work permit with your PR. That will significantly affect the length of your OWP processing though, since you won't get it until your status is restored or until you get AIP
SoulBrotha from what I understand you were able to send your Restoration, OWP, and PR all in one application in the mail, and this was successful in getting your Restoration and OWP quite quickly, am I correct? May I ask which centre you sent this all to? The Restoration says it should be sent to Edmonton, but the OWP/PR application should be sent to Mississauga, any experience?