+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending restoration of status with inland spousal sponsorship + open work permit?

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
Does anyone have any experience with this? I talked to an agent after discussing my options with some members here. Basically I sent my inland spousal sponsorship app with open work permit to IRCC back in December, and it was returned to me after I fell out of status because I didn't hand-sign some forms that ask for e-signature. I also made this mistake with my visitors extension, so I'm assuming that will be returned back to me as well. The agent I spoke to said I should pay for restoration and include that application when I resend my PR + OWP. I was wondering if anyone else was successful with this, or if I should just send the restoration to the Edmonton processing centre to be sure.

Also, would it be smart to just apply outland at this point? I feel that the total time for my open work permit to be approved will equal the time an outland application is processed, since before my open work permit is processed I have to be granted restoration which could take up to 2 months

Last edited:

ktmelic

May 30, 2019
Does anyone have any experience with this? I talked to an agent after discussing my options with some members here. Basically I sent my inland spousal sponsorship app with open work permit to IRCC back in December, and it was returned to me after I fell out of status because I didn't hand-sign some forms that ask for e-signature. I also made this mistake with my visitors extension, so I'm assuming that will be returned back to me as well. The agent I spoke to said I should pay for restoration and include that application when I resend my PR + OWP. I was wondering if anyone else was successful with this, or if I should just send the restoration to the Edmonton processing centre to be sure.

Also, would it be smart to just apply outland at this point? I feel that the total time for my open work permit to be approved will equal the time an outland application is processed, since before my open work permit is processed I have to be granted restoration which could take up to 2 months
Any update with this? I have the same problem. What did you do?

Simran1997

Jun 4, 2019

YES, I WAS IN THE SAME SITUATION.. I WAS OUT OF STATUS WHILE I SENT MY APPLICATION FOR INLAND SPONSORSHIP. I RECIEVED MY WORK PERMIT AFTER AIP. SO GOING TO WAIT A LONG TIME FOR UR WORK PERMIT AS WELL...

Simran1997

Jun 4, 2019

Its going to take more than 1 year just for ur work permit.... I got my work permit almost after 20 months of my RECIEVED applications date

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
Any update with this? I have the same problem. What did you do?
My visitors extension was actually approved. That should mean I was technically in status when I applied, so hopefully processing of my owp has started and I receive it soon. I have not received it yet though, which is worrying me a little, but I guess it will come when it comes

YES, I WAS IN THE SAME SITUATION.. I WAS OUT OF STATUS WHILE I SENT MY APPLICATION FOR INLAND SPONSORSHIP. I RECIEVED MY WORK PERMIT AFTER AIP. SO GOING TO WAIT A LONG TIME FOR UR WORK PERMIT AS WELL...
My visitor extension was approved, so my application should be treated as applying in-status.

ktmelic

May 30, 2019
About to resubmit my pr spouse inland application, my husband said to not apply for owp as we were preparing our own business together next year. So right now, I'm applying for visitor extension (restore status) online (submitting it tomorrow) then re submit the pr (attaching some proof that I applied to restore status).

Did you check the restore status as a worker at the owp FORM?

Do you mind if you tell us details? Lol and updates too please. And thank you for replying. It helps to read that somebody with my same situation went well. Hope everything will go smoothly with everyone here with the same problem.

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
About to resubmit my pr spouse inland application, my husband said to not apply for owp as we were preparing our own business together next year. So right now, I'm applying for visitor extension (restore status) online (submitting it tomorrow) then re submit the pr (attaching some proof that I applied to restore status).

Do you mind if you tell us details? Lol and updates too please. And thank you for replying. It helps to read that somebody with my same situation went well. Hope everything will go smoothly with everyone here with the same problem.
Sorry if I misunderstood this part of your post, but applying for extension is different than restoring status. Are you out of status currently? If so, did you apply for an extension before it ran out? If you did then you won't need to restore. I don't see why he wouldn't want you to apply for an open work permit, since that will keep you inside Canada while you wait for PR.

I clicked the "restore my status as a worker" check on the OWP application and paid the additional payment. Since my visitor extension was approved, it turns out I didn't need to do that

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You need a work permit to work at your own business. You need a work permit to even work on building a business in Canada even if it isn’t up and running yet.

ktmelic

May 30, 2019
I came last year with study permit and applied for extension early january and was approved until April. We applied for spouse inland before my extension ran out. But sadly, was returned last week and received in our mailbox may 31st. Now I'm out of status. And planning to resubmit it soon as most of forms and checklist were updated this june.

I originally applied for owp. And don't know how to properly address my situation. I need to restore my status because application was returned.

If you guys have any idea how to properly apply for restoration of status with owp or without, +pr spousal inland.

ktmelic

May 30, 2019
You need a work permit to work at your own business. You need a work permit to even work on building a business in Canada even if it isn’t up and running yet.
My husband said to just wait for the pr then work/at least in our business next yr. I'm really confuse.

ktmelic

May 30, 2019
Sorry if I misunderstood this part of your post, but applying for extension is different than restoring status. Are you out of status currently? If so, did you apply for an extension before it ran out? If you did then you won't need to restore. I don't see why he wouldn't want you to apply for an open work permit, since that will keep you inside Canada while you wait for PR.

I clicked the "restore my status as a worker" check on the OWP application and paid the additional payment. Since my visitor extension was approved, it turns out I didn't need to do that

OK I got confused too because I used extension and restore together. Sorry. But I'm basically "out of status" now after my application was returned for a missing signature. I still have status before I submitted that application