+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending PR Card Via DHL

karim10

Jul 22, 2019
Hello
I landed in canada ( Soft Landing ) and returned back to my home country last month and recently my friend who live in Canada received my PR Card .
I want to know if anybody sent PR Card via DHL and whether is it safe and legal
Please share your experience

Thanks a lot for your help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I landed in canada ( Soft Landing ) and returned back to my home country last month and recently my friend who live in Canada received my PR Card .

It is legal. Should be safe. DHL is a large company with a decent track record. Would make a photocopy of the card before sending it. Always good to have copies of documents just in case they go missing.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello

Definitely legal. Also quite safe if you use a good company like DHL. There's always a chance of a mix-up, so keep a copy (or just ask your friend to email you a picture of the card).

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I used FedEx. There were no problems with them.

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
I used FedEx. There were no problems with them.
Hi Zardoz, could you please share more information and I am in the process of mailing the PR card from Canada to my home country. Is it illegal to mail the PR card, also share your thoughts on Fedex is it safe to mail the PR card ?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Is it illegal to mail the PR card . . .
Most commentary suggests there are NO Canadian restrictions.

But it warrants remembering that each country has its own importation laws governing what can be imported, via couriers, mail, or whatever. Canadian law does not govern whether it is legal to import, by mail or such, status or travel documents, in any given country. That country's laws govern what can be imported.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Zardoz, could you please share more information and I am in the process of mailing the PR card from Canada to my home country. Is it illegal to mail the PR card, also share your thoughts on Fedex is it safe to mail the PR card ?
No, it is absolutely NOT illegal to post or courier a PR card to the intended recipient. Mine was sent using FedEx from Toronto to the UK. It travelled via the USA, where it was checked by US Customs and allowed on it's way to me.

https://discuss.settlement.org/topic43170-pr-card-sent-via-courier.aspx

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
No, it is absolutely NOT illegal to post or courier a PR card to the intended recipient.
"Absolutely?"

Be worthwhile to see an authoritative source for this.

And, regardless which country it is posted to?

Are you "absolutely" certain about posting to a recipient in Mali or South Sudan, or another 150 or so other destinations, that is sovereign jurisdictions, many of whom which tend to get rather testy about who gets to say what can or cannot be brought or sent into their country?

Probably is easy to post a PR card to its recipient most places in the world. With a few exceptions. Well, perhaps more than a few somewhat practical exceptions, or so I suspect (acknowledging I am old and its likely some of my cautions derive from experiences dated before all sorts of changes).

Reminder: Easy does not make it legal.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
"Absolutely?"

Be worthwhile to see an authoritative source for this.

And, regardless which country it is posted to?

Are you "absolutely" certain about posting to a recipient in Mali or South Sudan, or another 150 or so other destinations, that is sovereign jurisdictions, many of whom which tend to get rather testy about who gets to say what can or cannot be brought or sent into their country?

Probably is easy to post a PR card to its recipient most places in the world. With a few exceptions. Well, perhaps more than a few somewhat practical exceptions, or so I suspect (acknowledging I am old and its likely some of my cautions derive from experiences dated before all sorts of changes).

Reminder: Easy does not make it legal.
To post or courier, out of Canada? I stand by my comment.
Receipt in another arbitrary country? I made no claim.

ag8912

Sep 24, 2022
HI all
I renewed my pr card while still in Canada but had to urgently leave before receiving it. I received it a week ago and I'm about to have it mailed to me to Jordan by DHL. I read through most of the comments and while alot of people had no problems mailing it the idea of cutomes confiscating it is getting under my skin.
What did u guys put in the content of the package?
And is it really illegal to do so ?
I don't have time to apply for a one time time visa

Reactions: Mkhater7

juanfeyero

Dec 24, 2021
HI all
I renewed my pr card while still in Canada but had to urgently leave before receiving it. I received it a week ago and I'm about to have it mailed to me to Jordan by DHL. I read through most of the comments and while alot of people had no problems mailing it the idea of cutomes confiscating it is getting under my skin.
Did you send to Jordan your PR card? I am in the same situation. My PR card was sent last Monday but normally it takes one week to arrive but I leave on Sunday.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you send to Jordan your PR card? I am in the same situation. My PR card was sent last Monday but normally it takes one week to arrive but I leave on Sunday.
You Don’t have a choice you need a PR card or PRTD to board a plane to Canada. You need to go to a courier company and pay for the fastest express shipping available asap.

Mkhater7

Jan 16, 2023
HI all
Hi, i want to ask you what did you do as i am currently in same condition and waiting my PR card to be mailed to jordan, which company did you use and did you face any problems? Thanks in advance