+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Passport to VO versus going yourself?

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Hi All.

I am Kinda confused of the next steps.

I live in Canada, my spouse (PA) is in Iraq. I am currently at the stage where my PA is going to give her Biometrics in Erbil in 2 days. ANd i recently got my file moved to VO Amman and got my SA.

Let's say AOR1, Biometrics, Medical, SA, AOR2 and "sent to VO Aman for further processing" is all complete.

Does my PA have to send her Passport to Amman? I thought the process is that once the Visa is ready to be stamped on the passport. I can go pickup my Wife's Passport and then go to Amman VO to stamp my wife's passport. And then I can go back to Iraq, pick her up and bring her to Canada.

I am seeing a lot of comments about the VO That you have to send your passport to Amman? Is this a different type of application or what? Or can I have the choice of sending it. Or waiting for them to process it, then I fly to get the passport stamped and I am done.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Passport request letter will have instructions. Most likely submit at a visa application centre, not the visa office, which will send to visa office for stamping. Quite possibly the same visa app centre at which biometrics given.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
If I can Im dropping mine of in person where had bil done. I know the speed of Chinese services.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Passport request letter will have instructions. Most likely submit at a visa application centre, not the visa office, which will send to visa office for stamping. Quite possibly the same visa app centre at which biometrics given.
So the PA has to go the Erbil VFS Office and drop off her passport, and then they will send the PA's Passport to Amman VO? And once passport is stamped, it get's sent back to Erbil VFS Office for pickup? Or am I wrong?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Im saying I know I can drop mine off in person. When she had bil done they told her that day. This is where she gets the visa entrance stamp once approved. BRING ME THE HOLY GRAIL, ALSO KNOW AS PRE ARR!

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Im saying I know I can drop mine off in person. When she had bil done they told her that day. This is where she gets the visa entrance stamp once approved. BRING ME THE HOLY GRAIL, ALSO KNOW AS PRE ARR!
Drop it off in person at closest VFS Office? or the Amman VO?

I thought the Amman VO can process everything, and once ready you go in person to get passport stamped. And you are done?

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Im in China!
I am sorry I am not understanding you.

Is this process?
- PA to drop off passport at VFS Office
- VFS Office sends to VO (amman)
- Once Stamped, VO (amman) Sends back to VFS office to be ready for pickup?

Or is this the process
- VO Amman tells you to come to stamp passport
- I bring passport in person to amman VO to be stamped

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
You likely will have to mail or courier in your when you get ppr. And you likely have numerous months 4-5 min before that happens.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
You likely will have to mail or courier in your when you get ppr. And you likely have numerous months 4-5 min before that happens.
Mail or Courier it to the Amman VO? Or do we send it to Erbil VAC? (where biometrics was done)

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
No one is going into visa offices anymore these days... C O V I D.... Is the reason among the issue for many other things. You'll get instructions on how to mail it in. Maybe it will change by the time you get PPR... Nothing to worry about now

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
No one is going into visa offices anymore these days... C O V I D.... Is the reason among the issue for many other things. You'll get instructions on how to mail it in. Maybe it will change by the time you get PPR... Nothing to worry about now
So we drop off at the closest VAC?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Drop it off in person at closest VFS Office? or the Amman VO?

I thought the Amman VO can process everything, and once ready you go in person to get passport stamped. And you are done?
I do not know the specifics of how Amman VO and/or the visa application centres (VACs) are working in Iraq and Jordan. For the most part worldwide the passport can be submitted to any VAC (but assumption/default is usually in the country where the PA resides) and is then handled by the VAC in cooperation with the VO and returned to the applicant.

Right now due to covid in many parts of the world the VACs are NOT accepting documents in person and must be submitted by courier. Even where they are taking biometrics, they are attempting to limit physical interactions.

BUT: clearly in some places they are accepting submission of passport to VAC in person. I do not know of cases where the VO (part of the embassy/consulate) is accepting in-person submission of passports for insertion of stamp. But that doesn't mean it's impossible, they adjust how things work based on local conditions.

Reactions: haddad287

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Right now due to covid in many parts of the world the VACs are NOT accepting documents in person and must be submitted by courier. Even where they are taking biometrics, they are attempting to limit physical interactions.
For reference, here is the VFS (visa application centre) info page for Iraq/Erbil:
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/irq/en/can/news/covid-19-update

Here is what they currently say: "Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC can be done either by visiting the VAC in person by fixing an appointment or via post/courier."

When the time comes, check specifically what is needed and how to submit - these are changing from time to time. You can look for yourself regarding Jordan, no idea. I'd just note, it may NOT be a correct assumption that you can show up at Embassy and expect they'll issue the visa/COPR on the spot - in many countries, they simply won't do this, and without making prior arrangements, it's a near-certainty that it may take some time (days or weeks or in some cases longer).

Reactions: haddad287