+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Passport to VO versus going yourself?

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I do not know the specifics of how Amman VO and/or the visa application centres (VACs) are working in Iraq and Jordan. For the most part worldwide the passport can be submitted to any VAC (but assumption/default is usually in the country where the PA resides) and is then handled by the VAC in cooperation with the VO and returned to the applicant.

Right now due to covid in many parts of the world the VACs are NOT accepting documents in person and must be submitted by courier. Even where they are taking biometrics, they are attempting to limit physical interactions.

BUT: clearly in some places they are accepting submission of passport to VAC in person. I do not know of cases where the VO (part of the embassy/consulate) is accepting in-person submission of passports for insertion of stamp. But that doesn't mean it's impossible, they adjust how things work based on local conditions.
Thank you so much. Makes sense now

Reactions: armoured

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Thank you so much. Makes sense now
That's what DW33 & I was saying without dropping a link or writing an essay... But glad you get it now

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I personally dont care what a link says or others say on this matter. I was there with my wife when she did her bil. The English speaking person at yhe front desk told us both if ppr is granted we can bring it in by hand. Then once she got in the bil room alone I told her to ask again. The person taking her bil said deliver bu hand if you wish.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I personally dont care what a link says or others say on this matter. I was there with my wife when she did her bil. The English speaking person at yhe front desk told us both if ppr is granted we can bring it in by hand. Then once she got in the bil room alone I told her to ask again. The person taking her bil said deliver bu hand if you wish.
The link says the same thing. Although will vary by country anyway.