+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from USA to Canada

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hoping someome can help me here. I created a forward and a return shipping label using fedex and used the following address

CPCO - PR VISA
US Temporary residence VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

They had asked me to ship my passport to

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Now Fedex is saying they can't find the recipient. Anyone else run into this? What did you do in such a situation? Should I change the address in any way?
That is strange. The first two lines don't matter much as they deliver based on the street address. And it seems you have the correct street address there.

Reactions: voikester

voikester

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-01-2019
That is strange. The first two lines don't matter much as they deliver based on the street address. And it seems you have the correct street address there.
That's what I had thought. Called fedex and talked to the local station - they said that this is a Govt. Building and they need send it to some other address to verify the documents before they send it to the actual address, so they said it will be delivered tomorrow. Hoping that's the case and the Driver was just some over enthusiastic new guy who din't know what status to put for exception. Will update the thread once I get confirmation of delivery.

sgj

Jun 20, 2019
I can see some information discrepancy in this thread regarding return labels,the IRCC advises the return label consist of the following

Which can be referred here :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

To purchase a FedEx online shipping label please follow the instructions below. If you need help call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339.

1. Ctrl-Click on this link: Purchase FedEx Shipping Label
  2. Fill in the ship “From” address section with the CPC-Ottawa mailing address as below:
    • First Name: CPC-Ottawa | PR-TR PRINTING (or the one mentioned in their passport request email )
    • Company: [Leave this field blank]
    • Street Address: 365 Laurier Ave West
    • Apt/Etage/Bureau/Suite: [Leave this field blank]
    • Postal Code: K1A 1L1
    • City: OTTAWA
    • Province: Ontario
    • Phone: Your own Phone Number, DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number.
    • Email notifications: Put your email address here, DO NOT put the CPC-O email address.
    • Tax ID no.: Leave blank
  3. Fill in the ship “To” address section with your mailing address details;
  4. Select “item”: FedEx Envelope, 0.2 kg. Carriage value: Leave blank.
  5. Select “SHIP DATE”: If not today or tomorrow (further in the future)
  6. Select the fastest delivery service offered in your region
  7. For pick-up, select Item #3 – Use an already scheduled pickup at my location
    • DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”
  8. Review all mailing details and pay online:
    • You can use a credit card or an already existing FedEx account. Remember that the address for the credit card or FedEx account has to match what is already on file. If you fail 3 times, it will lock out the payment number you’re trying to use.
  9. VERY IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
    • When you receive the e-mail confirmation from FedEx, open the shipping label and save the label as an electronic version (PDF file) on the desktop of your computer.
    • Print all the pages of the pdf file, including commercial invoices, on plain white paper, single sided.
    • Include in your parcel ALL the pages that printed with your documents.
You do not need to include an empty FedEx envelope.

For the Ship Date, I have selected a week in the future. But I'm getting the following error:

The ship date cannot be more than two days in the future. Please select a different ship date.

Anyone else saw something similar?

sgj

Jun 20, 2019
I selected the farthest date available on FedEx which was 1 or 2 weeks in the future.
Is it ok for the ship date to just be today/tomorrow even when the Visa Office is probably going to ship you back the passports 1-2 weeks later? I'm getting the error 'The ship date cannot be more than two days in the future. Please select a different ship date.' when I'm trying to select something more than 2 days in the future.

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Guys,

I have two questions.

1. Does the commercial invoice for the return shipment need to be inside the envelope or on top of the envelope where the shipping label is created?

2. If I choose to get the entire process of shipping and return shipping that includes commercial invoices inclusion, can I get all this done at my local Fedex instead of doing it myself?

Would appreciate your reply!

Dan

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys,

I have two questions.

1. Does the commercial invoice for the return shipment need to be inside the envelope or on top of the envelope where the shipping label is created?

2. If I choose to get the entire process of shipping and return shipping that includes commercial invoices inclusion, can I get all this done at my local Fedex instead of doing it myself?

Would appreciate your reply!

Dan
The fedex shop can't generate the return label. So just create return label at home and go to local fedex store and they can guide you where to keep invoices etc.

GetLucky8888

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
Hi, I had some queries with respect to mailing passports via Fedex to CPC Ottawa,

Q1. What is the Phone# for CPC Ottawa, that we would enter when creating the Fedex label?
Q2. Can the return address be different from the mailing address on our EE application/profile?
Q3. The mailing address requires us to include "US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports". Where do we enter that? Would it be in the Company field or Contact field? Also, both of these fields have a length limit.
Q4. Do we sign the return commercial invoices (or) would the case worker sign those when returning the parcel? There is mixed guidance for this across the forum. Some has recommended signing and placing it in the return envelope pouch, while others have mentioned including it in the main envelope for CIC to sign.
Hi Bro,

Have you got the answers for these? I'm in the same boat.

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Hi guys,

This is what I did. I had the same headache and felt it was too complex due to less instructions.

Q1. What is the Phone# for CPC Ottawa, that we would enter when creating the Fedex label?

Don't give their phone number, it is mentioned in the PPR letter mailed to you to not give their phone number on the shipment.

Q2. Can the return address be different from the mailing address on our EE application/profile?

Don't know.

Q3. The mailing address requires us to include "US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports". Where do we enter that? Would it be in the Company field or Contact field? Also, both of these fields have a length limit.

I had the same issue, I entered the complete title using the given fields,

US Permanent /Temporary
Residence VISA/Passports
Address....

Q4. Do we sign the return commercial invoices (or) would the case worker sign those when returning the parcel? There is mixed guidance for this across the forum. Some has recommended signing and placing it in the return envelope pouch, while others have mentioned including it in the main envelope for CIC to sign."

You need to sign the return commercial invoices too.

Goodluck!

Dan

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
You should just send a copy for US passport.
Would greatly appreciate if someone can help confirm the answer in my situation -

I am from China (living in the US) and will need to submit my passport. But, my child was born in the US and has an US passport. In the PPR letter I received, it says " If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. " So, in my case, should I submit my child's US passport? Or, I should just submit a photocopy of my child's US passport?

Any insights or personal experiences are truly appreciated!

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Would greatly appreciate if someone can help confirm the answer in my situation -

I am from China (living in the US) and will need to submit my passport. But, my child was born in the US and has an US passport. In the PPR letter I received, it says " If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. " So, in my case, should I submit my child's US passport? Or, I should just submit a photocopy of my child's US passport?

I think the phrasing trips everyone. You need to send the original valid passport for everyone who needs a visa. For people who don't need a visa for Canadian entry, you need to send a photocopy. So, for your child, you only need to send a photocopy. I had the same criteria and am confirming from personal experience (my wife and I hold Indian passport and my child holds a US passport). They will issue a single entry Visa stamped on your passport for you and others in the family that have a Chinese passport. For you, your family that gets the visa, and your child, they will issue the CoPR.

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
I think the phrasing trips everyone. You need to send the original valid passport for everyone who needs a visa. For people who don't need a visa for Canadian entry, you need to send a photocopy. So, for your child, you only need to send a photocopy. I had the same criteria and am confirming from personal experience (my wife and I hold Indian passport and my child holds a US passport). They will issue a single entry Visa stamped on your passport for you and others in the family that have a Chinese passport. For you, your family that gets the visa, and your child, they will issue the CoPR.
Thank you, Cubicrootofthee! Really appreciate your timely reply.

As you suggested, I will just send in a photocopy of my child's US passport. Thank you again!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Just the photocopy of your child's passport. They need passport to affix a one time immigrant visa. Since your child holds a USA passport he/she doesn't need one and hence no need of sending passport. They can validate details just from photocopy.

kaushal.pages

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hello everyone! I have a quick question. I am trying to create a label online to send my docs to CIC for CoPR etc..
I am confused about the Contact Name. I want to type CIC but am not sure if I should mention "CPCO - PR VISA" and "US Permanent/Temporary Residence VISA/Passports" anywhere. I guess that would be the division we are sending the package to.
Any help on this matter?
Thank you so much.
Hey, I have the same confusion, I did not see anyone replied you with any suggestions. what did you do then?.. Please help!