+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from USA to Canada

travelista

Jun 14, 2023
Hi I need some help please. I need to send my passport in as I just received RFV mail. I’m in the US for next two months, can I send my passport to NY vfs or Ottawa?
My RFV mail didn’t specify any location to send to, it only has a link to the vfs site and no offices for North America are listed on that link.
PS: I didn’t submit biometrics for this PR application because biometrics from a previous visit visa application was used.

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Apologize for the late response, Here is our timelines
6/08/2023 - Passports sent
6/09/2023 - Passports delivered
6/14/2023 - New photos requested, we sent them the same day
6/15/2023 - New photos delivered
06/22/2023 - Return Label activated
06/23/2023 - Passports received
@ArijitRoy where did you get your photos done?

ArijitRoy

Aug 8, 2019
@ArijitRoy where did you get your photos done?
We first did it from walgreens which got rejected and next time from FedEx. They accepted the FedEx photos and set us the copr.

However, after we did our first landing into Canada we got an email from IRCC asking for photos once again. Finally we got frustrated and drove to Canada this week and took photos from Print2go and sent them via Canada post.

also fyi, my wife is the primary applicant she hasnt recieved her PR card yet. I am the dependent and mine shows shipped. So i guess they accepted my photos from FedEx but not my wife’s. Its Complicated

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I think i made a mistake while doing the return label. I went to FedEx and the person at FedEx entered both from and to address as my address. He did not enter "365 Laurier Ave West " as from address. He said from address doesn't matter. As long as TO address is correct you will receive the package. Any one had similar experience?

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
We first did it from walgreens which got rejected and next time from FedEx. They accepted the FedEx photos and set us the copr.

However, after we did our first landing into Canada we got an email from IRCC asking for photos once again. Finally we got frustrated and drove to Canada this week and took photos from Print2go and sent them via Canada post.

also fyi, my wife is the primary applicant she hasnt recieved her PR card yet. I am the dependent and mine shows shipped. So i guess they accepted my photos from FedEx but not my wife’s. Its Complicated
I did the same. Went to Walgreen, the photos were horrible with shadow and greyish background. Went to Fedex and did my photos. Hope that works.

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Similar timelines for me.
Passport sent - 6/12
Passport received - 6/13
Approved - 6/16
Return label activated - 6/20
@ad_26 How did oyu create your retun label. Can you please let me know? My Fedex guy put both to and from address as my "home address" Will this cause a problem?

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Anyone here received re-photo email? how much delay it will cause for printed copr and receiving back the passport?

my timeline so far:

PPR email: 14th June
Passport sent: 23th June
Passport received at Ottawa: 25th June
re-Photo email: 7th July
Photos sent: 11th July
Photos received: 13th July

I have upcoming international travel, and this whole process looks like a black box, no customer care or any other mode of communication.
Can you provide your timeline @vikita

akm293006

Jun 26, 2023
I got PPR. My wife and I have Indian passport and the kids have US passport. Do I need to send all 4 passports? The PPR instruction said " If you hold passports issues by USA, you don't need permanent residence visa to be affixed in your passport. Please do not send your original passport"

abdmuq11

Jul 27, 2023
Hi Guys, I don't find any working email requesting the switch from Ottawa to NY VFS centre apart from the webform. The email which they sent the request for submission cannot be replied back to. I saw one guy losing his passport. it's a very scary situation if you're living in the US.

Additionally, could someone help me with the fedex return label questions?

1. Under the Customs, I put the value as 1 or 50. Varies according to different people. There's also an option for Invoice for customs. options are no invoice option, Request fedex to help me create a label, request fedex to help me create a pro forma? This is so much confusion even after selecting one of the them with additional questions.

2. the other is the question just below that, Canada Export information. Filing option- Which has options like no declaration required, declaration will be printed and attached, declaration filed electronicallt, summary reporting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mar 5, 2023
Same boat here , portal got updates on 20th may but my fedex tracking is not yet activated or shipped
Hello
Is there a timeline on how long they usually take to activate this tracking. I had shared my return label no 08/01 evening and dont see the tracking activated yet.

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
My timline
• 2/2/2022 – AINP Nomination (Got NOI in Sep-2021 and Nomination in February-2022)
• In March – ITA
• 4/2/22 - Application sent
• 6/16/22 - Biometric request
• 6/16/22 - Medical passed
• 7/8/22 - Biometrics submitted

December got married and notified IRCC through webform in January. Received a letter from IRCC in May-23 asking for documents of wife along with medical receipt. We did not have a UCI # for my wife. So, we figured we will do a upfront medical and upload the receipt.

5/23/23 - Submitted all documents
6/2/23 - They added dependent in the IRCC portal and we got the email stating documents are uploaded.
6/7/23 - IRCC updated passes medical
6/14/23 - Wife BIL request (scheduled for 6/30/23)
6/30/23 - Wife BIL complete
6/15/23 - Self (Eligibility pass)
7/19/23- Final Decision changed to processing on GC key
7/21/23 - Received PPR
7/22/23 - Sent passports to Ottawa, CA (Shoot any questions how to send your passport to Ottawa with photos and cover letter)
7/24/23 - Passport Delivered
7/26/23 - Sent a webform on 7/26/23 stating I have upcoming international travel
7/27/23 - Got response agent doesn't have information about the case
7/28/23 - Counterfoil and Application Approved
7/31/23 - CIC requested for new Fedex label since i had both to and from address as my address
8/2/23 - Fedex label activated
8/3/23 - Passport delivered

abdmuq11

Jul 27, 2023
Hey does anyone have their return label status as cancelled by sender? I created a return label and sent with my package on August 3rd but the return label says cancelled by sender just sometime after the label was created. The package was delivered the next day and no updated so far from IACC.

Could someone check their return label status and let me know?

rajan717

Aug 26, 2023
Hi, I live in the USA and I received my passport request letter today. I am planning to send my passport soon to Ottawa via fedex international priority mail. I would like to know how long it normally takes to get my passport back stamped with PR visa. Reading the recent posts in forum it seems on average it takes 2 to 3 weeks maximum ? Appreciate input from anyone who recently submitted their passport and received it back with PR visa.

tjtabel21

Jul 21, 2023
Hi, I live in the USA and I received my passport request letter today. I am planning to send my passport soon to Ottawa via fedex international priority mail. I would like to know how long it normally takes to get my passport back stamped with PR visa. Reading the recent posts in forum it seems on average it takes 2 to 3 weeks maximum ? Appreciate input from anyone who recently submitted their passport and received it back with PR visa.
I am in the same situation, if anyone has recent timelines, I'd appreciate it!