+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from USA to Canada

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hi RSub,

As per the Indian immigration laws, I cannot send my passport outside the country where I reside. Passport should be sent through a local VAC and my concern is the letter that I got for IRCC does not mentioned the VAC center at NY.
Seems like a weird rule that most people ignore. What if you're staying in country A and you want to go to country B and they don't have any embassies in country A?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Reactions: ImpatientAlligator

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Reactions: cansha

ntnmadan

Feb 20, 2021
My status changed to approved yesterday in the portal, and fedex tracking just activated earlier today.
Wow congrats ! I am wondering why my fedex tracking is not activated ! Also I am trying to reach them , I have sent them an email as well but no response . Also I haven’t been able to call them and struggling to find a way to cal them or get in touch with them .

CVUser1234

Jun 15, 2021
Wow congrats ! I am wondering why my fedex tracking is not activated ! Also I am trying to reach them , I have sent them an email as well but no response . Also I haven’t been able to call them and struggling to find a way to cal them or get in touch with them .
Thanks. Hang in there - everything I’ve seen in these forums points to IRCC being completely arbitrary and out of order in processing both applications and passports. Hope it’s just a random delay and you get it back soon!

nmadira1

May 31, 2022
Email received - May 25th
Hey guys (@ntnmadan @pat_pat @CVUser1234 ) I have my wedding planned in india and have to travel mid july. Should I send passport now to ottawa from US. Is it dumb to send it now? Can't miss it everyone will literally disown me. Anyone got an extension for something like 90 days?

ntnmadan

Feb 20, 2021
Thanks. Hang in there - everything I’ve seen in these forums points to IRCC being completely arbitrary and out of order in processing both applications and passports. Hope it’s just a random delay and you get it back soon!
I got my passports this morning
i got a response from Ottawa that there was something wrong with my fedex label , I sent them a new label yesterday and they immediately shipped my passports and I received it this morning .

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hey guys (@ntnmadan @pat_pat @CVUser1234 ) I have my wedding planned in india and have to travel mid july. Should I send passport now to ottawa from US. Is it dumb to send it now? Can't miss it everyone will literally disown me. Anyone got an extension for something like 90 days?
40-45 days is plenty of time for the passport to get stamped at VO Ottawa, in my opinion. The typical processing time seems to be 10-20 days.

ntnmadan

Feb 20, 2021
I don’t think you should waste anymore time . It take 10-20 days max for them to approve your passport and make sure you generate the fedex label without any mistakes . So that you can get your passport on time !

bob_1627

Jun 25, 2018
Hi, Did anybody get a new photo required email from CPC-Ottawa for COPR? If yes, how long did it take for them to process COPR and send the passport back? I got an email on May 31st indicating that photos I submitted do not meet specification and I have to send them new photos in 7 days. I couriered it the next day via Fedex, got delivered to Ottawa on June 2nd but no progress since then. Appreciate your inputs on this.