Feb 20, 2021
My complete timeline:
PPR: May 9th
Sent to Ottawa: May 11th
Received at Ottawa: May 12th
Portal Approval: May 19th
Fedex Tracking activated: May 20th
COPR+Visa received: May 21st
My portal approval was on 20th May , but my fedex tracking is not yet activated ! Did you get any email when yours got activated ? Also I used the below link to get the fedex label as I stay in the usa
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

did you use any other way ? Would this be the reason for the delay ?

CVUser1234

Jun 15, 2021
My portal approval was on 20th May , but my fedex tracking is not yet activated ! Did you get any email when yours got activated ? Also I used the below link to get the fedex label as I stay in the usa
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

Can you share when your passport was delivered to CPC? Mine was delivered on 16th and there has been no update on the portal or Fedex tracking since.

pat_pat

May 12, 2022
Yeah, it's super annoying when I could've literally walked to the Canadian consulate in NY from my home but had to spend over $100 to mail to Ottawa and back. At least in my case it was quick.
Indeed. I am still waiting for tracking to be activated. How long it took for you?

ntnmadan

Feb 20, 2021
Cool, hope you get it back soon!
Minor panic starting to set in for me since everyone sending it to CPC in Canada recently has been getting the Approved update in a week and I haven't. Lol.
Hang in there , no need to panic . I think IRCC is being inconsistent in the way they are handling these applications . Hopefully they can sort it out and return our passports soon and safely

Reactions: CVUser1234

mothimus

Dec 2, 2020

I followed the same instructions as in that link. I did get an email from Fedex when it was picked up. Like someone mentioned earlier, it just might be that they have certain days for Fedex pickups and I just lucked out that it was the very next day.

Reactions: ntnmadan

ntnmadan

Feb 20, 2021
I followed the same instructions as in that link. I did get an email from Fedex when it was picked up. Like someone mentioned earlier, it just might be that they have certain days for Fedex pickups and I just lucked out that it was the very next day.
Is there a number to contact them from the USA , I sent them a couple of emails but they don’t seem to be responding to them .

Jan 10, 2022
Hello!

We submitted the asked documents (passports and photos) to NY office. Next day we rec'd email from VFS that we missed paying the fees related to processing and return courier (we were not asked for it earlier). We promptly paid the fees and finally got email that our passports have been forwarded to IRCC on May 6th. Since then we haven't rec'd any communication. We do not have any way to track when we will get our passports back.

Has anyone here been on the same boat? Kindly reply and share how long it took for you to receive your passports. Thanks!!

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hello!

We submitted the asked documents (passports and photos) to NY office. Next day we rec'd email from VFS that we missed paying the fees related to processing and return courier (we were not asked for it earlier). We promptly paid the fees and finally got email that our passports have been forwarded to IRCC on May 6th. Since then we haven't rec'd any communication. We do not have any way to track when we will get our passports back.

Has anyone here been on the same boat? Kindly reply and share how long it took for you to receive your passports. Thanks!!
This thread is for Ottawa VO.

You'd get better responses here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-submission-to-nyc-center-from-usa.767975/

Reactions: piyushjain0509

rk111

Jul 8, 2021
Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to send the passports to Ottawa? Do you have travel plans?
Hi RSub,

As per the Indian immigration laws, I cannot send my passport outside the country where I reside. Passport should be sent through a local VAC and my concern is the letter that I got for IRCC does not mentioned the VAC center at NY.

Reactions: RSub