+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from USA to Canada

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022
Has anyone received their COPR recently?

- April 4: Passport and photos sent to Ottawa (from USA) by FedEx.
- April 5: Passports and photos delivered.

Waiting.

Tyytyy

Jun 29, 2021
Has anyone received their COPR recently?

- April 4: Passport and photos sent to Ottawa (from USA) by FedEx.
- April 5: Passports and photos delivered.

Waiting.

Hi, please I got ppr to submit to Ottawa. How do I pay for the transmission fee and what is the procedure? Thank you

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022

Tyytyy

Jun 29, 2021

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022
Thank you so much. Please, do I need to pay for the transmission fee and how? I did my biometric at another vfs. Thank
What is a transmision fee? Are you applying from the US? Maybe someone else can help?
I can't help you with biometrics. I already did my biometrics early on and paid the fees earlier. I also send my documents directly to Ottawa because I live for the moment in the US.

Tyytyy

Jun 29, 2021
What is a transmision fee? Are you applying from the US? Maybe someone else can help?
I can't help you with biometrics. I already did my biometrics early on and paid the fees earlier. I also send my documents directly to Ottawa because I live for the moment in the US.
Thanks. I moved from my home country to the US recently, but I had my biometric before moving. Now with PPR I was asked to send my passport to Ottawa

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022
Thanks. I moved from my home country to the US recently, but I had my biometric before moving. Now with PPR I was asked to send my passport to Ottawa
Oh I see! Please don't take my word on this. I AM NO EXPERT. My understanding is that because you are in the US, you would need to send your passport, photos, and annex A as well as other relevant documents to your situation to Ottawa. If the letter stated Ottawa, then, I would send the documents to Ottawa.
Did the letter stated that you need to redo your biometrics? If not, you should be fine, I believe.

I hope someone else in similar situations to yours can confirm or correct my guesses!

Wish you the best!!

sampatrahul90

May 2, 2023
I used a reusable FedEx Envelope instead of including a separate return envelope, based on the FedEx employee's recommendation.
I am scared now tbh.
Anyone in the same boat who was able to get the passports back successfully?
It's making me really anxious now, any help would be highly appreciated!

Last edited:

chandan810

May 10, 2023
Hi Guys,

I need some information on the sending passports to Canada:

I sent it to, using Fedex:
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

But the Fedex notification says, Delivered to 181 Queen St, Ottawa ON K1A1L1, Received by someone named M.MCLEARN
I am not sure if this is something to worry about, any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sampatrahul90

May 2, 2023
I used a reusable FedEx Envelope instead of including a separate return envelope, based on the FedEx employee's recommendation.
I am scared now tbh.
Anyone in the same boat who was able to get the passports back successfully?
It's making me really anxious now, any help would be highly appreciated!
As an update (in case somebody else is in the same boat ever), I did get the passports back (IRCC simply used their own return envelopes instead of my reusable ones)

Reactions: anandsin