Please review the timeline and help

Office: CPCO Ottawa
Passport submission from USA

Passports Request 30-Dec-2022
Passports delivered 11-Jan-2023
New Photos Requested 17-Jan-2023
Photos Delivered 18-Jan-2023

No Update Yet. How long its gonna take?
May I please know your AOR date? Thanks.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Please review the timeline and help

Office: CPCO Ottawa
Passport submission from USA

Passports Request 30-Dec-2022
Passports delivered 11-Jan-2023
New Photos Requested 17-Jan-2023
Photos Delivered 18-Jan-2023

No Update Yet. How long its gonna take?
Since photos were requested, it would take few more weeks. 2 to 4 weeks.

Lavish198

Apr 7, 2019
Hi all,

I sent the passports from US on 17 Dec, they reached the Ottawa center on 21 Dec. and since then, my application got approved and then they changed back the status to In progress.

Is there a number i can call from US to find out what is happening ?

Jun 15, 2019
Can someone help?

When do they ship back passports after counterfoil?

CPCO- Ottawa office

counterfoil- 01/30/2023
Email conf - 01/31/2023

On update on Fedex tracking

arun9083

Feb 13, 2022
Can someone help?

CPCO- Ottawa office

counterfoil- 01/30/2023
Email conf - 01/31/2023

same case. Approved and counterfoil generated on 30th. But the FedEx tracker is not yet activated. Please do let me know once yours is activated.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Can someone help?

CPCO- Ottawa office

counterfoil- 01/30/2023
Email conf - 01/31/2023

Immediately. I got it in two days.

chaybani

Jun 19, 2021
Me and my wife are having so many troubles with the account creation on Fedex. I am wondering if it would be easier for her to just send me her documents and I send them to IRCC. If that is possible, should I send it to the Ottawa address for Canadian mailing addresses or the US one ?

Thank you

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Me and my wife are having so many troubles with the account creation on Fedex. I am wondering if it would be easier for her to just send me her documents and I send them to IRCC. If that is possible, should I send it to the Ottawa address for Canadian mailing addresses or the US one ?

Thank you
Are you both in the same country? In my case, we lived in the same house, so I sent both of our passports in the same package ( But put them in two covers: one had my passport and other one had my wife's).

meenujain2086

Feb 6, 2023
Here's my experience of sending passports from US to CPC Ottawa and receiving those back within a week. I'm writing in as much detail as possible so that it helps people in the future.

Timeline
  • PPR: April 14
  • Passports sent via FedEx: May 4
  • Package delivered to CPC Ottawa: May 5
  • FedEx return tracking activated: May 12
  • Application status changed to "Approved": May 13
  • Return package delivered: May 13
Checklist
  • Original passport for myself and my wife (Citizenship: India)
  • Photocopy of passport for my kid (Citizenship: USA)
  • Two photos for each of us
  • Signed "Annex A" with my mailing address
  • Cover letter
Label Creation
I created a FedEx online account first and used FedEx Ship Manager Lite to create the onward and return labels. I chose FedEx International Priority (next day delivery) for both shipments.
  1. Onward Label: I used the CPC Ottawa address mentioned in my PPR letter. Wrote "CPCO - PR VISA" under 'Name' and "US Permanent/Temp Residence Visa/PP" under 'Company' (due to text length constraint)
  2. Return Label: I followed the instructions for writing the "From" address at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html. As I didn't have IRCC's phone number or email address, I put my phone number and email address wherever those were required
  3. Shipment Details: I kept the carriage value field blank and chose "Direct signature required" under Signature Type. For the return label, make sure to select "Use an already scheduled pickup at my location" under pickup options (as mentioned in the URL above)
  4. Customs Information: Select "Personal document" with $1 commercial value
At FedEx Office
  • I got 8 pages for the onward label and 7 pages for the return label (including commercial invoices). Took those prints and went to a nearby FedEx office along with other documents as per the checklist
  • They asked me to sign all the commercial invoices for the onward shipment. For the return shipment, they were not sure if I should sign on commercial invoices. I still signed those as well to avoid any issues afterwards
  • I asked for a large envelope for the onward shipment and another medium-sized envelope for the return shipment
  • They gave me back one copy of commercial invoice for both onward and return shipments
  • All other pages were put inside the transparent pouch of the onward and return envelopes (as applicable)
  • The credit card associated with the FedEx account would be charged a few days after the delivery
  • The onward package that was supposed to get delivered at "365 Laurier Ave West" actually got routed to a different address: "2303 Stevenage Dr". Don't worry if it happens with you. This seems to be the sorting facility for all couriers addressed to CPC Ottawa
Note
  • I was initially scared to send my passports outside the US as there were conflicting opinions regarding this. I sent a couple of emails to CPC Ottawa requesting them to change the location from Ottawa to VFS NY / LA. However, eventually I just went ahead and took the risk as there was no reply from CPC Ottawa
  • I didn't receive any update from IRCC after the onward shipment was delivered. Exactly a week later, I received a notification from FedEx that the return shipment has been picked up
  • The return package contained both of our passports with stamped PR visa and COPRs for all 3 of us. They also returned one photo for each of us (the other one was pasted on COPR)
I hope people find it useful. I found some great advices from old posts on this forum and thanks everyone for the same. All the best for your PR journey!
I wish I could have read this post earlier. Now, I am stuck with no passports. I received multiple emails to send a commercial invoice which I sent already but still not getting any update.

Reactions: RSub

skaria.roy

Dec 15, 2022
Passport received : Jan 30
No updates after that.

emailed them. No response.
how do I contact them? Their client support center is impossible to contact.