+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from Nepal

toughguy

Jul 24, 2014
Hi guys ,
I am from Nepal and I applied for supervisa for my mom. Couple of days ago they requested the passport. As you we have to use vfs global is closed in nepal due to the recent earthquakes. Can you guys tell what other way i can send my passport there. Is it ok of i send then ups or dhl return envelop to them ...i am not worried to sending them, i just dont want them to send the passport back in regular mail.
Please advise me
Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The devastation and damage caused by the earthquake (and aftershocks) in Nepal is truly massive. In this situation (and this is just a thought), would your mom's passport reach the New Delhi visa office?

Perhaps, you should send an email to the visa office to enquire how to send/get her passport.... because the Kathmandu VAC is closed (they have not posted a date when they will reopen)

toughguy

Jul 24, 2014
Fedex and dhl main offices are open so i guess they are sending document but even they arent working i can go across india border and send it ...... And i am sending an email to candian high commission . Lets c what they will say.
Thank you

mpleaf

Jan 9, 2013
my wife is on the same boat. Please keep us posted. i have sent you an email. Please respond if you can.

toughguy

Jul 24, 2014
I just send u an email .. As i said u in pm i am waiting answer from delhi .. I will update u as soon as i get the reply

nish999

May 7, 2015
Hi toughguy and mpleaf,

Did you people receive any response back from New delhi office?

My parents have also applied for supervisa and they got request for passport saying that decision has been made after two days. Unfortunately due to earthquake they vfs office is closed in KTM, so they sent email to New delhi office with all details, but have not received any response back yet.

Just wondering, how long they take to respond?

What happens if we do not meet 30 days of time to submit passport?

Thanks alot...

nish999

May 7, 2015
what are other alternative to send passport if VFS is closed ?

No response from New Delhi High commission even after a week..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Nish,

Maybe the information below can help.... this has been posted on the CIC website for priority processing of applications from Nepal:

If you are applying electronically (visit, study or work only) and are requesting priority processing:

Submit your application online; then

Send an email to Delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca with the following information:
“NEPAL EARTHQUAKE” at the beginning of the subject;

How you have been affected by the earthquake in Nepal;

The region that you are in;

Your name (family and given);

Date of birth;

Type of application (student worker, visitor, Permanent Residence in Canada);

Client ID;

Your current and valid passport number #;

File #; and

Telephone number (optional)

All the best

welkin16

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
Mid march -2012...my husband received it in Canada
Med's Done....
Before application was sent..
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
Hi Guys,
I am glad you have started this tread.

Anyways, first answer for your question. The passports, if you have already sent it to delhi, you can go to Yak and Yeti hotel and collect it from there. There is information regarding this in VFS website for Nepal. If you haven't sent your passport, you could just send it through fed ex or dhl. When I was in US, thats how I sent my passport to India. Or, you could go to Delhi with the passport, and they are providing same day service if you reach there by their suggested hours.

And, now my question.
I am inviting my parents to canada, not applying for super visa yet...so they will be coming as a visitor. But, I want to invite my brother too....it is my graduation. Do you think it is a good idea to invite all three of them? I am so confused.

nish999

May 7, 2015
welkin16 said:
If you haven't sent your passport, you could just send it through fed ex or dhl. When I was in US, thats how I sent my passport to India. Or, you could go to Delhi with the passport, and they are providing same day service if you reach there by their suggested hours.
Thats not right. You can not send passport through any courier service in Nepal. I requested delhi high commission to allow to send passport via dhl or fedex, they said NO, instead they extended the timeline to submit the passport.

welkin16

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
Mid march -2012...my husband received it in Canada
Med's Done....
Before application was sent..
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
Probably they have a different rule for sending passport from Nepal, but thats how I sent it from US. If it is not possible in Nepal, you could go to Delhi for the same day service.