+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Original Passport for stamping in Different Country

Swati77

Jun 1, 2018
Hi
I am in a similar situation applying for my study permit.
Actually, I am working as a Research Assistant in HKU and my tenure there was from Feb 20 to 3rd August, 2018. In between this, I had to come back to India for some exams from April - May and now have to go back on 8th June till return on 3rd August.
The problem is what should I put as country of residence and country of application in my online application for study permit.

1.) Should I go to Hong Kong and apply online from there and put present address of HK but will the application be processed and passport stamped over there in HK before 3rd August? Should I put my country of residence as India and country of application as HK in this case or what?

2.) If I apply online now before going, and put both country of residence and application as India, then it is sure that I will have to get passport stamped in India and will have to come back once study permit is approved?

3.) Do processing times depend upon country of residence or country of application?

Please suggest what is to be put in both these fields and present address so that I get things within my time frame in HK.

Seeking an urgent reply.

Swati77

Jun 1, 2018
Update for the benefit of anyone in similar situation:

Canadian Consulate in NYC stamped the visa. It took 14 days.

Summary:

• Applied TRV online in Home country.
  • Applicant had a scheduled USA visit. Passport requested once the applicant was in USA.
  • Contacted Canadian Consulates in home country and USA to get information about sending passport to nearest consulate in USA.
  • Got visa stamping done at Canadian Consulate in New York, USA.
Although you had a scheduled USA visit, so while applying you filled country of current residence, country where applying, current mailing address, residential address ..everywhere of India ? I mean if one already has a Visa for third country, is it better to put it's address ?

Rutub17

Jan 15, 2019
Dear Tara,

I am in urgent need of your help. Bryanna was kind enough to refer me to your posts and I am in a similar situation and need your guidance.

My mother applied for TRV on April 26th while in India(Pondicherry) and just received her original passport request but she is already in New York. I submitted online case specific enquiry to the Bangalore visa office along with copies of her US entry stamp and US tickets and requested she be allowed to submit her passport in the nearest VAC.

After the submission, the website said I should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax). Since she has only 30 days to submit her passport, what else is required to expedite this process? Can I also send direct emails to BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and info.canada@vfshelpline.com? Got these id's from CIC website.

Is there a way to know which visa office is processing my mother's application? I got mine from Bangalore and assume it is the same for her. As per CIC website, there are offices in Delhi, Chandigarh and Bangalore. Can I submit enquiries to all? If I could submit only once and I already did for Bangalore, can I include the email ids of Delhi and Chandigarh offices along with the Bangalore and New York email list?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hello Priya,

I am in a similar condition, I applied for my visa while I was in India, I received a request to submit the passport, just a day before I was flying to Australia for meeting and conference, thus I was not able to submit the passport. Now I am in Australia and I am going to stay here for 40 days.

Even I have submitted the query to Banglore office, but the message says we can expect a reply within 28 working days.

Can you help me out with it? Will I be able submit my passport in Melbourne VAC?

Waiting for your swift response.

Thanks,
Rutu

Subhav

Oct 29, 2019

Summary:

• Applicant had a scheduled USA visit. Passport requested once the applicant was in USA.
  • Contacted Canadian Consulates in home country and USA to get information about sending passport to nearest consulate in USA.
Hi,
Is this applicable to study permit stamping as well??

sof_8822

Nov 8, 2019

Summary:

Hi everyone!

I am also wondering if this is applicable to Permanent Resident Visa stamping as well.

Your help is really much appreciated.

Komal11234567

Sep 21, 2020

Summary:

How u contacted them

Nelson0614

Jul 10, 2020
Please I want to confirm if Canada have open their border and if it is possible for someone from Nigeria to travel to Canada with visitor's visa at the moment?

Please Help

UbayyS

Dec 10, 2020
Hello,

My brother had applied for his Canadian visa, and after a great deal of waiting, he finally got a request to submit his passport for the visa stamping. We currently reside in Qatar, but we are leaving to India in a few days. Could he submit his passport in India rather than Qatar? We tried asking various agencies, and none of them gave us a straight answer. I'd really appreciate a swift reply as we're really in a stressful situation.

Thank you for your help!

Reactions: tar86

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
Hello,

My brother had applied for his Canadian visa, and after a great deal of waiting, he finally got a request to submit his passport for the visa stamping. We currently reside in Qatar, but we are leaving to India in a few days. Could he submit his passport in India rather than Qatar? We tried asking various agencies, and none of them gave us a straight answer. I'd really appreciate a swift reply as we're really in a stressful situation.

Thank you for your help!
In India, Canada Visa Offices are closed, so try to get it stamped there instead.

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Hello,

Thank you for your help!
Hi,

Could you please update about your case? My visa office is Abu Dhabi and I ‘m planning to travel home country for a month.

I might get passport submission request during these 30 days, how to handle it?

TheMomof2

Jun 22, 2021
Is it possible to apply for trv in another country and having passport stamped in Canada? Applicant is minor so parent would submit on their behalf.

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi guys, i'm in a similar situation. However I'm applying for my TRV within Canada and will be leaving for India soon. Hoping for it to be approved while my stay in India. Can I send my passport for stamping in India once its approved?
Thanks for your guidance

dipali.amar

Apr 22, 2022
Dear Tara,

I am in urgent need of your help. Bryanna was kind enough to refer me to your posts and I am in a similar situation and need your guidance.

My mother applied for TRV on April 26th while in India(Pondicherry) and just received her original passport request but she is already in New York. I submitted online case specific enquiry to the Bangalore visa office along with copies of her US entry stamp and US tickets and requested she be allowed to submit her passport in the nearest VAC.

After the submission, the website said I should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax). Since she has only 30 days to submit her passport, what else is required to expedite this process? Can I also send direct emails to BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and info.canada@vfshelpline.com? Got these id's from CIC website.

Is there a way to know which visa office is processing my mother's application? I got mine from Bangalore and assume it is the same for her. As per CIC website, there are offices in Delhi, Chandigarh and Bangalore. Can I submit enquiries to all? If I could submit only once and I already did for Bangalore, can I include the email ids of Delhi and Chandigarh offices along with the Bangalore and New York email list?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hello Priya , I just came across your post trying to submit the passport to a different country VAC for visa stamping. Could you please share your experience how it went at that time. Were you able to get the response sooner and got passport stamped and whom did you write an email to get this confirmed? I am in same boat and my father is in USA and got his Canada passport request. Really appreciate your response.