+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Original Passport for stamping in Different Country

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hi All,

My Father applied TRV online, and he received a request for original passport. He is travelling to USA and can not send the passport to nearest Canada Consulate in home country. Can he send the passport to Canadian consulate in USA for stamping?

Reactions: Subhav

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
Tara said:
Hi All,

My Father applied TRV online, and he received a request for original passport. He is travelling to USA and can not send the passport to nearest Canada Consulate in home country. Can he send the passport to Canadian consulate in USA for stamping?
i have the same situation...can anyone guide?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can send a Case Specific Enquiry + an email to the visa office that has processed your TRV applications..... and request if you can submit your passports for stamping in another country

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hi Bryanna,

There is no information provided about the officer or office where application has been processed. Is there any way to find out who processed the application?

Emailing random consulates is not getting us anywhere.

P.S. Applied online.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Even though you had applied online, visa stamping will be done by the visa office that's responsible for the state/region where your dad lives in India. You can send the email to that visa office and ask if you can submit the passport in the US

Cheers

Reactions: Brozachs

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Update for the benefit of anyone in similar situation:

Canadian Consulate in NYC stamped the visa. It took 14 days.

Summary:

• Applied TRV online in Home country.
  • Applicant had a scheduled USA visit. Passport requested once the applicant was in USA.
  • Contacted Canadian Consulates in home country and USA to get information about sending passport to nearest consulate in USA.
  • Got visa stamping done at Canadian Consulate in New York, USA.

rameshkn

Nov 3, 2016
Hi Tara

Please let me know how did you contact the Canadian consulate in India and US.

Please let me know the procedure. I am in similar situation.

Regards
Ramesh

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
rameshkn said:
Hi Tara

Please let me know how did you contact the Canadian consulate in India and US.

Please let me know the procedure. I am in similar situation.

Regards
Ramesh
Hi rameshkn, use the IRCC Web form - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

On a related note, anyone here applied for TRV online from the US and which took over 30 days to process (current processing time is 17 days per CIC website)? Must say that Canada could do better with their TRV process, both in terms of efficiency and transparency.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
MooseNBooze said:
Must say that Canada could do better with their TRV process, both in terms of efficiency and transparency.
It's a case to case basis, probably also depends on the VO. You seem to be aware that it applies to only 80% of cases, so your/your relatives' case seems to have accrued some additional checks. My home VO seems to process most cases well within the posted processing time.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
bellaluna said:
It's a case to case basis, probably also depends on the VO. You seem to be aware that it applies to only 80% of cases, so your/your relatives' case seems to have accrued some additional checks. My home VO seems to process most cases well within the posted processing time.
True. I am comparing the overall process to that of a few other (similar) countries, though. Canada's TRV process could be better streamlined. Take for instance B visas for the US. Aall you need to do is fill out DS-160 online, which is easier, less time consuming and less intrusive, while also giving you an insight into the exact timeframe (available interview dates, if applicable, and so on if applying abroad). Or take UK or Australia visit visas, which also use VACs but generally have less paperwork and faster turnarounds (compared to many Canadian consulates/embassies).

Reactions: @trigger

priya_dj

May 7, 2017
Update for the benefit of anyone in similar situation:

Canadian Consulate in NYC stamped the visa. It took 14 days.

Summary:

• Applied TRV online in Home country.
  • Applicant had a scheduled USA visit. Passport requested once the applicant was in USA.
  • Contacted Canadian Consulates in home country and USA to get information about sending passport to nearest consulate in USA.
  • Got visa stamping done at Canadian Consulate in New York, USA.
Dear Tara,

I am in urgent need of your help. Bryanna was kind enough to refer me to your posts and I am in a similar situation and need your guidance.

My mother applied for TRV on April 26th while in India(Pondicherry) and just received her original passport request but she is already in New York. I submitted online case specific enquiry to the Bangalore visa office along with copies of her US entry stamp and US tickets and requested she be allowed to submit her passport in the nearest VAC.

After the submission, the website said I should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax). Since she has only 30 days to submit her passport, what else is required to expedite this process? Can I also send direct emails to BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and info.canada@vfshelpline.com? Got these id's from CIC website.

Is there a way to know which visa office is processing my mother's application? I got mine from Bangalore and assume it is the same for her. As per CIC website, there are offices in Delhi, Chandigarh and Bangalore. Can I submit enquiries to all? If I could submit only once and I already did for Bangalore, can I include the email ids of Delhi and Chandigarh offices along with the Bangalore and New York email list?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hi Priya,

Yes you should contact NYC office. YMMV, but I got response from them in 2 days. All they confirm is that you can send the passport for stamping. We did it, so unless there is new rule restricting it, you should be able to send the passport and the passport request letter to NYC office.

Dear Tara,

I am in urgent need of your help. Bryanna was kind enough to refer me to your posts and I am in a similar situation and need your guidance.

My mother applied for TRV on April 26th while in India(Pondicherry) and just received her original passport request but she is already in New York. I submitted online case specific enquiry to the Bangalore visa office along with copies of her US entry stamp and US tickets and requested she be allowed to submit her passport in the nearest VAC.

After the submission, the website said I should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax). Since she has only 30 days to submit her passport, what else is required to expedite this process? Can I also send direct emails to BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and info.canada@vfshelpline.com? Got these id's from CIC website.

Is there a way to know which visa office is processing my mother's application? I got mine from Bangalore and assume it is the same for her. As per CIC website, there are offices in Delhi, Chandigarh and Bangalore. Can I submit enquiries to all? If I could submit only once and I already did for Bangalore, can I include the email ids of Delhi and Chandigarh offices along with the Bangalore and New York email list?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!