+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sending courier to CHC New delhi

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi,

I HAVE TO SEND THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS TO THE CHC NEW DELHI VIA COURIER. AS THE COURIER SERVICE DOES NOT ACCEPT THE P.O BOX ADDRESSES, sO I CANNOT MAIL IT TO THE MAILING ADDRESS WITH P.O BOX PLEASE ADVISE ME IF I CAN MAIL THE DOCUMENTS TO CHC ON THE FOLLOWING OFFICE LOCATION ADDRESS AS PER THE WEBSITE

7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110 021, India

THANKS

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Sorry I forgot to mention

I am in canada, So i will be sending courier from Canada to New delhi

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sonimal said:
Hi Does anyone have an answer to it...i really need to know ASAP

thanks
If you looked at their web site, you would have found the office address

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi

PMM

smluck

Feb 20, 2009
Hi PMM

from my original post you can tell that I did look at their website and I did get the office location address

I just wanted to double check before sending the original documents

Thanks

Soni

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the address you listed is the correct address. My husband had to send documents twice to the New Delhi CHC -- the first time he used the address you listed and had no problems. The second time, he included the PO box number but had to delete it before the courier (in India) would accept it for delivery. The items definitely arrived safely because he is here in Canada with me now! Don't worry. Best of luck.

Bhooman

Jun 2, 2008
Make sure not to send passport to ND by mail or with anybody else either.
Just something I thought you would want to know, as I just confirmed it with consulate general of India in Vancouver for personal reasons.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhooman said:
Make sure not to send passport to ND by mail or with anybody else either.
Just something I thought you would want to know, as I just confirmed it with consulate general of India in Vancouver for personal reasons.
Actually that is incorrect. The New Delhi CHC will ONLY accept your passport by mail or courier. You are not permitted to submit it in person. This is a direct quote from the passport request letter: "Also note that passports should be sent by any secured mail deliverers (hand delivery will not be accepted)."
Perhaps the consulate general thought that you were enquiring about sending your passport overseas? That is definitely not permitted. However, sending your passport through a secured delivery system within India is not only permitted but is the only way to deliver your passport to the CHC.

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
hey every1

thanks for the response

I have sent the package..been tracking it..it has reached paris ..so it will make it to india very soon :)

thanks again

soni

Bhooman

Jun 2, 2008
Ariell,

I assumed that sonimal is talking about sending the documents from Canada. and it seems like that is the case. My inquiry was about sending the passport from Canada to ND. I hope sonimal hasn't included passport among other documents as I know for sure now that when the envelope reaches India, customs will open the envelope for sure and if they find passport in it, they will confiscate the passport.

Sonimal

Can you inform us if you included passport in your envelope?

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi,

thanks for your concern, but no i didnt include the passport. I only sent the original PCC for india from the Consulate General of India in Canada.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhooman said:
Ariell,

I assumed that sonimal is talking about sending the documents from Canada. and it seems like that is the case. My inquiry was about sending the passport from Canada to ND. I hope sonimal hasn't included passport among other documents as I know for sure now that when the envelope reaches India, customs will open the envelope for sure and if they find passport in it, they will confiscate the passport.

Sonimal

Can you inform us if you included passport in your envelope?
Sorry Bhooman! I'm afraid I didn't read the 2nd message and didn't realize Sonimal was sending documents from Canada. I thought she was in India.