+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending additional information to support Applicant's case

bealem

Jul 19, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was recently approved as a Sponsor by CIC in Mississauga. The PR immigration application has now been sent overseas to the embassy in Manila for processing of the Applicant (my wife).
We now wish to submit additional information to the embassy in Manila to support the Applicants side of the story (i.e. additional chat records, airline tickets, hotel receipts, photos, etc. etc.). This is information that we have accumulated since the whole PR application was submitted in May 2014.

How/can this information be submitted if my wife (Applicant) has not yet received a UCI? Can she call the embassy in Manila and ask for the number? Can she send it without a UCI?

In peoples experience, is it a good idea to continue sending additional information as above, to support the Applicant's case?

It will be many months before my wife receives her PR status and I will be visiting her several times between now and then. In my opinion it only makes sense that we continue to submit additional supporting information as we accumulate it.

Comments/opinions are appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Unless you felt that the original evidence you sent was somehow not good enough I wouldn't worry too much about sending more. If they need further clarification they will generally ask for it. It's quality over quantity!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
bealem said:
I was recently approved as a Sponsor by CIC in Mississauga. The PR immigration application has now been sent overseas to the embassy in Manila for processing of the Applicant (my wife).
We now wish to submit additional information to the embassy in Manila to support the Applicants side of the story (i.e. additional chat records, airline tickets, hotel receipts, photos, etc. etc.). This is information that we have accumulated since the whole PR application was submitted in May 2014.

How/can this information be submitted if my wife (Applicant) has not yet received a UCI? Can she call the embassy in Manila and ask for the number? Can she send it without a UCI?

In peoples experience, is it a good idea to continue sending additional information as above, to support the Applicant's case?

It will be many months before my wife receives her PR status and I will be visiting her several times between now and then. In my opinion it only makes sense that we continue to submit additional supporting information as we accumulate it.

Comments/opinions are appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Yes, I would definitely try to send further evidence of the relation, it seems to me that specially "airline tickets, hotel receipts, photos" are important pieces of evidence that will support your relation.
You have already a file number, the number that you got when you got the information of the sponsor approval,
you can give a call the CIC call centre and inquire about this,\Phone number is: 1-888-242-2100
and the address to mail to Manila Visa Office is as follows:

Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada / Ambassade du Canada
Manila / Manille
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

LN9714

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
(AOR1)13-02-2015; (AOR2)13-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-11-2015
I don't think that is necessary to send CIC additional evidence without their request.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Awesomeg said:
Yes, I would definitely try to send further evidence of the relation, it seems to me that specially "airline tickets, hotel receipts, photos" are important pieces of evidence that will support your relation.
You have already a file number, the number that you got when you got the information of the sponsor approval,
you can give a call the CIC call centre and inquire about this,\Phone number is: 1-888-242-2100
and the address to mail to Manila Visa Office is as follows:

Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada / Ambassade du Canada
Manila / Manille
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
Sorry totally disagree there is no need to bombard CIC with information. If they need anything else they will ask for it. Unless you specifically missed a piece of vital information I would not send anything until asked.

bealem

Jul 19, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was thinking that sending further information of our post marriage relationship could only be a good thing. We were married Mar.1, 2014.
Then they can see that I'm not just trying to marry her and bring her to Canada.
I would have thought that providing more evidence of our strong and continuing relationship would only help.

Could there be some kind of negative effect from doing this?

Thanks

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
I sent some additional proof along with the second police certificate they requested. Thought since we're sending them the certificate anyway might as well add some stuff.

When I got my PR they sent all that back to us. Looked virtually untouched. Also, when I ordered my GCMS notes, I saw that they had already approved the relationship even before I sent them the additional batch of proofs.

What Did you include in your original application? If you tell us what you included, maybe some of us can say if that seems insufficient.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
bealem said:
I was thinking that sending further information of our post marriage relationship could only be a good thing. We were married Mar.1, 2014.
Then they can see that I'm not just trying to marry her and bring her to Canada.
I would have thought that providing more evidence of our strong and continuing relationship would only help.

Could there be some kind of negative effect from doing this?

Thanks
I honestly think there is very little value in sending more and more of the same sorts of stuff you have already sent. People have had PR granted with under 20 photos. It's quality not quantity that counts. If you have provided photos, emails etc then you will be fine. Furthermore, as Kayaker said if they have already started evaluating your application you are either wasting your time as they won't touch it, or it will simply cause the officer more work as everything has to be scanned in and logged. If they need it they will ask for it...just relax you will be fine. Also I note you are married so it's a little easier than applying as common law where I could have maybe seen some merit in sending extra evidence if you had only been together for a short period.

bealem

Jul 19, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have definitely not started looking at her package yet, in fact it was only just sent to Manila around Nov.3 when I received sponsorship approval. We could slip another info package in there quite easily at this stage.

We included a lot of info in the original package (tons of photos of her and I together and with family and friends on visits and little side trips in Philippines, pre-wedding, wedding ceremony, wedding reception, honeymoon, all the hotel receipts we had kept, airline tickets, proof of financial support, etc. etc.) basically everything they asked for. Nothing missing I don't think. I just thought it would be good if they could see I had returned to Philippines post wedding and continued to build the relationship..
We were only planning to send one package, nothing huge thats for sure. And nothing further after that.

Thanks

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
In that case, I really don't think you need to send any more info. That's a ton of stuff already - as you said, everything they asked for.

They may or may not bother to put your "info package" in your application. Since you've already provided them more than ample evidence, I don't think you have anything to gain by sending them more stuff. In fact, I'd be afraid of slowing down my application by giving them more work to do on my case.

CIC isn't really interested in seeing what your relationship is like after you submit your application, unless they have some serious doubts and want an update. They assume that things are going well and that you have not separated or divorced. If people feel they don't have enough evidence by the time they submit their application, then they're not ready to submit their application and should only do so after they have all the proofs they feel they need. They make their decision based on what things were like on and before the day you submitted the application. For example, an applicant who has been married for less than 2 years and has no children together gets Condition 51 on their PR. If the applicant has a baby, or two babies or ten babies for that matter the day after their application is submitted, the applicant still gets Condition 51.

The only updates they are interested in is in case of separation, divorce, marriage, birth, death or change of address.

bealem

Jul 19, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok.
Thanks a lot everyone for the great feedback and advise.
We will sit tight until they ask for additional information.

Cheers