+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Send just those on the document checklist? Any others?

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it enough to provide just the information asked on the document checklist?

I am asking this because when I submitted my work permit application, I had to add other supporting documents to prove that I am right for the position (no guidelines). From the experience in this forum, one crucial part is showing ties to home country, which is not mentioned on the document checklist, some people got rejected because of this too.

Therefore, should I add supporting documents for my education and personal history?

Glad if one can shed some light. Thanks!

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
928029 said:
Is it enough to provide just the information asked on the document checklist?

I am asking this because when I submitted my work permit application, I had to add other supporting documents to prove that I am right for the position (no guidelines). From the experience in this forum, one crucial part is showing ties to home country, which is not mentioned on the document checklist, some people got rejected because of this too.

Therefore, should I add supporting documents for my education and personal history?

Glad if one can shed some light. Thanks!
It all depends. Some cases might need to provide other supporting documents as you are referring to. For example, some members provided contracts as supplement to the reference letter where they believe the reference letters are not good enough.

But if you are confident of all documents provided, there is really no need to provide other documents not being specified in the checklist. Only you know your own case, without having details of your background, this is what I can comment on. But, per your question, clearly checklist does not require any proof for education and your background other than the employment ref letter in Canada, therefore, no need to provide them.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
928029 said:
one crucial part is showing ties to home country, which is not mentioned on the document checklist, some people got rejected because of this too.
This is true for temporary permits - they want to make sure you'll go back after your permit expires. Doesn't really apply to PR applications...

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
The thing to remember with CIC is that if they want something they ask for if.Don't make it complicated by sending too much
If as previously mentioned your reference letter doesn't meet criteria, you may want to add docs to support

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lpc19800 said:
The thing to remember with CIC is that if they want something they ask for if.Don't make it complicated by sending too much
If as previously mentioned your reference letter doesn't meet criteria, you may want to add docs to support
Well said. +1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
Well said. +1
Thanks a lot everyone.

Just one more question here:

I am applying CEC in 2 weeks and am now on implied status (named LMO in progress, submitted paper application for closed WP).

I wonder if my AOR comes earlier than LMO results, am I eligible for BOWP?

How long should I expect to receive an AOR?

Thank you very much.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^No, because your WP application will be processed based on the closed/LMO-supported one. Unless you cancel the application once you get your AOR.

Edit: I mean you are qualified, but take a look a OB485A:
WP applications received after the effective date that make no mention of requesting an “open” WP should be processed based on the services being requested. For example, if the applicant has submitted a WP application with an LMO, the processing office is to issue the WP, restricted to the employer outlined on the LMO, assuming normal entitlements.