Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I like the process that you suggested. I ll apply for B2 visa. Thanks for help.
But I got couple of questions.

1. should I drive by myself ? can't I ask my frnds who has US visa to drive across border and sell there ? I HV couple of friends with B1 and also Canadian citizens. Can they drive n sell on my behalf?

2. Once you sold,should we submit evidence in customs as the proof ?
1) They can certainly sell it on your behalf but I suspect that the border crossing will require you to be physically accompanying the vehicle.
2) Once it's back in the USA, CBSA won't be interested.

You should probably contact CBSA for official instructions.

SravPV

Jul 14, 2019
Hi,
I am also in the same situation. I need to go back to India but stuck with my US bought car which is temporarily imported into Canada. I don't have a valid US visa. My friends are there in US who can buy this car. All I need is, how to ship this car to them and the documentation needed for shipping and registering this car. Are there any brokers, agencies or agents who can handle this?

Can we authorize someone to drive my car into US and hand over Canadian title, Bill of Sale, Signed odometer reading form to the US buyer? I have raised the same in another theread -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/selling-us-bought-car-back-to-us-buyer-after-temporarily-importing-it-into-canada.642774/

Please suggest. I need to go to India for good.

Thanks,
Saravanan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,
I am also in the same situation. I need to go back to India but stuck with my US bought car which is temporarily imported into Canada. I don't have a valid US visa. My friends are there in US who can buy this car. All I need is, how to ship this car to them and the documentation needed for shipping and registering this car. Are there any brokers, agencies or agents who can handle this?

Can we authorize someone to drive my car into US and hand over Canadian title, Bill of Sale, Signed odometer reading form to the US buyer? I have raised the same in another theread -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/selling-us-bought-car-back-to-us-buyer-after-temporarily-importing-it-into-canada.642774/

Thanks,
Saravanan
I know that buying car happens at the border as i watched one border security video. At the border both parties meet and officer checks and sends off but not sure what else other document needed but owner and buyer need to be present. So first call border and ask more detail.
But authorizing someone else is a problem because border guys dont know if that person is smuggling the car or not. They are not even allowing leased cars hence its difficult. First call them.

sudha62001

Aug 19, 2019
Hi,

Thanks,
Saravanan

sudha62001

Aug 19, 2019
Were you able to find out how to sell the car which was temporarily imported. Could you please suggest if so. Thank you.

anil_jain1980

Dec 4, 2019
Hi Brahmaputra.g and SravPV,
Was anyone of you able to sell your temporarily imported car in US? If yes, can you please let us know the process? I am going to face the same situation in few months. Hence your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
AnilG

SravPV

Jul 14, 2019
Hi Anil,
It seems you can sell your (temporarily) imported car in Canada. Canada Borders and Security team told me that I can sell my car. It was Transport Canada (another department) that thinks (& says) we shouldn't sell temporarily imported car unless you have a PR. One person from CBS told me to go to CBS office, explain the situation and ask them to talk to Transport Canada. The process is, you have to pay tax to CBS and they have to make sure it complies to Canada transport guidance rules. For this Transport Canada has to send a form with which you have to go to any auto inspection guy to get certificate stating that it adheres to the Canada law. Once that is done, you are free to sell your car.

I didn't do these steps. I found a buyer in US and exported my car to US buyer and paid the transport fee. Another option is getting visitor visa. You yourself can apply and get the visa and in visa interview you can state car selling as the reason. Once you have visa, you can take your car, US sales receipt (this will help US customs to give clearance) and ask US customs to issue a clearance form to sell your vehicle in US. With this form, title, odo reading, you should be able to register your car on the buyer's name. If you couldn't find any buyer, may be ask any of your friend to be buyer.

Note: In previous message, it was mentioned that we can't sell but there is an option to destroy. Those things are valid for display vehicles only which enter into Canada for some show stuff. Those vehicles should be taken back or be destroyed.

Thanks

anil_jain1980

Dec 4, 2019
Hi SravPV,
Thanks for the detailed response giving good insights. I already have visitor visa for US. However, I am still confused about selling car in USA since my NJ title was retained by Service Ontario and I was given Ontario registration document in exchange when I brought my car here under temporary import mode. Any additional insight will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

SravPV

Jul 14, 2019
Hi Anil,
Canadian title is accepted in US for car registration. Bill of sale form can be either Canada or US format.

Thanks

rohitd06

Oct 22, 2019
Hi All,

Below is a scenario:
1) Imported the car from US on temporary basis when came initially to Canada on work permit
2) Registered the car in Canada so it has Canadian license plate.
3) AFter person gets PR, he/she has to do permanent import.
4) Go to US and do permanent import.

Now since car is having Canadian license plate is it possible to import the car from US (point 4)?

Thanks

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi All,

Below is a scenario:
1) Imported the car from US on temporary basis when came initially to Canada on work permit
2) Registered the car in Canada so it has Canadian license plate.
3) AFter person gets PR, he/she has to do permanent import.
4) Go to US and do permanent import.

Now since car is having Canadian license plate is it possible to import the car from US (point 4)?

Thanks
What title you have currently? US or Canadian?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........