+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed Work Permit R205

kesarmiya42

Nov 14, 2020
Hello,

So my situation is a bit of an odd one, just hoping to get a bit of advice.

I'm currently self-employed in the UK running a YouTube channel full time (for approx 2 years), I've previously worked in Canada in Marketing at Telus working with local filmmakers to help promote their films. My girlfriend in Canadian and lives in Canada.

I've seen on CIC that I can apply for a WP application under R205 economic/cultural benefits as a self employed person. Does anyone have any experience of a similar process?
My plan is currently to apply for that work permit, then if approved move in with my partner then after a year she's said she'd like to sponsor myself for PR.

I don't have enough points for Express Entry nor enough funds for an investor visa so I'm in a bit of a tricky situation as I could try and get a job at a Canadian firm but my self employment income is higher than id get at a position working for a company.

Thanks in advance.

kesarmiya42

Nov 14, 2020
Hello,

So my situation is a bit of an odd one, just hoping to get a bit of advice.

I'm currently self-employed in the UK running a YouTube channel full time (for approx 2 years), I've previously worked in Canada in Marketing at Telus working with local filmmakers to help promote their films. My girlfriend in Canadian and lives in Canada.

I've seen on CIC that I can apply for a WP application under R205 economic/cultural benefits as a self employed person. Does anyone have any experience of a similar process?
My plan is currently to apply for that work permit, then ifTweakboxapproved move in with my partner then after a year she's said she'd like to sponsor myself for PR.

I don't have enough points for Express Entry nor enough funds for an investor visa so I'm in a bit of a tricky situation as I could try and get a job at a Canadian firm but my self employment income is higher than id get at a position working for a company.

Thanks in advance.
my issue got solved guys thankyou so much!!