+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self employed - Work permit for spouse

22Mimmi22

Oct 10, 2013
Hi all,

I'm preparing a self employed application for me and my family, and cannot understand if we have to submit a work permit application for my husband, who would move with me and our two children.
Is his work permit to be requested separately or should I send more forms with my applications? (but I read somewhere on CIC site not to add any other documents than the ones listed in the checklist) Can it be an open work permit, even if I am not "a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B"? (I am 5125 in NOC). Should he meet specific requirements, even if he is moving with me?

Thanks to anyone who will help.

Edit: I forgot to say we are interested to Ontario, and Ontario immigration site says "If you are a permanent resident, you are allowed to work in Canada and do not have to apply for a work permit."
Are my family given a permanent residence, if my application is approved? Would that be the case which doesn't need a work permit?

Edit again: I found info about skill levels on NOC. Having I a bachelor's degree I should be A level, is that correct?

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
22Mimmi22 said:
Hi all,

I'm preparing a self employed application for me and my family, and cannot understand if we have to submit a work permit application for my husband, who would move with me and our two children.
Is his work permit to be requested separately or should I send more forms with my applications? (but I read somewhere on CIC site not to add any other documents than the ones listed in the checklist) Can it be an open work permit, even if I am not "a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B"? (I am 5125 in NOC). Should he meet specific requirements, even if he is moving with me?

Thanks to anyone who will help.

Edit: I forgot to say we are interested to Ontario, and Ontario immigration site says "If you are a permanent resident, you are allowed to work in Canada and do not have to apply for a work permit."
Are my family given a permanent residence, if my application is approved? Would that be the case which doesn't need a work permit?

Edit again: I found info about skill levels on NOC. Having I a bachelor's degree I should be A level, is that correct?
as per ur quote i feel ur filing urself. if i was u i would consult the consultant who can guide me well. but as per my knowledge, for your you dont need to add all the complete set of forms seperately but few u need to add extra.

22Mimmi22

Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for your answer kickb :) Do you think it is not advisable to apply without the help of a consultant? Did you refer to a lawyer specialized in immigration? Because the visa application centre here in Rome told me they don't help with Permanent Resident applications.