+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-employed Visa

AdamLangley

Aug 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if any of you ever had this kind of situation.

I am legally separated and while preparing all the documents (such as the Supplementary information to your travels document) I noticed that it requires me to fill out the part related to my spouse too. Do you know if in my case I should also fill "your spouse or common-law partner" section?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Adam

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It would be much easier if you were divorced. If you are only separated yes you will have to apply for your wife as non-accompanying and she would have to do medicals, etc

AdamLangley

Aug 13, 2017
It would be much easier if you were divorced. If you are only separated yes you will have to apply for your wife as non-accompanying and she would have to do medicals, etc
Medical too??... Unfortunately due to italian bureaucracy we have to wait until May to sign for the divorce.

AdamLangley

Aug 13, 2017

AdamLangley

Aug 13, 2017
Thank you again, you're being extremely helpful.

Proof of separation is going to be issued soon but still, to avoid rejection or delay, I should either treat the situation as if we were still married (but still writing "legally separated" on the forms) or wait for the divorce date and the relative documents to be issued, if I got it correctly. Thing is my almost ex-wife told me she doesn't really have her old passports anymore so it's gonna be a problem gather all the precise information about her travel history...