+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed Visa Help

laurneybaire

Aug 15, 2012
Hi everyone

I'm looking for some advice.

I am hoping to apply for the self employed visa. Having read a few other posts in the forum it seems like an almost hopeless case. Does anyone have any advice to make me an attractive candidate for this option? I am from Scotland, and I am a RAD and ISTD certified dance teacher. I have also been playing an integral role in creating the dance syllabus for high school education in the country with SQA and I am Principle Verifier for internal exams in SQA dance up to Advanced Higher. I am about to start studying for my Masters in Dance Science and Education. I performed at the Commonwealth Games in India. Do you think I am a suitabe candidate? Is there anything I should do to make me a more attractive prospect?

Having filled in the forms any advice would be much appreciated before I start the process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You probably won't get much help from this forum since so few people apply through self employed.

I'd honestly recommend that you hire an immigration consultant to assist you (or at least to offer some advice). As you've said, this is a difficult category with long processing times, so I think it will pay to get professional advice.

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
laurneybaire said:
Hi everyone

I'm looking for some advice.

I am hoping to apply for the self employed visa. Having read a few other posts in the forum it seems like an almost hopeless case. Does anyone have any advice to make me an attractive candidate for this option? I am from Scotland, and I am a RAD and ISTD certified dance teacher. I have also been playing an integral role in creating the dance syllabus for high school education in the country with SQA and I am Principle Verifier for internal exams in SQA dance up to Advanced Higher. I am about to start studying for my Masters in Dance Science and Education. I performed at the Commonwealth Games in India. Do you think I am a suitabe candidate? Is there anything I should do to make me a more attractive prospect?

Having filled in the forms any advice would be much appreciated before I start the process.
Hi
Have you already applied through the self employed application category? What is your progress now?

I think you meet the definition of this category. In your application, you need to demonstrate you are outstanding in Dance field and will be able to support yourself and make a contribution to Canada's Art after landing.

BanglaBoy

Sep 27, 2012
Michigan, USA
Hello from Bangladesh.

My mother is a Celebrity Singer in Bangladesh with an illustrative career of 25 years (that makes up for 35 points). She is a two time national award winning singer (Rabindra, Nazrul, Country song and modern) with lots of awards, media coverage, features, mixed albums, solo albums etc. She (as the principal applicant) wants to immigrate to Canada under the recently resumed Self Employed scheme (as a musician/singer/vocalist). She is 44 years old (that makes up for another 10 points)and has a Masters degree in Music (another 25 points). My father is a govt official (deputy secretary). I have an younger brother. I'm to get married this coming month. So my (future) spouse will be added in the family members' list. Me, my (future) spouse and my brother are all under 22. So, 3 dependents in the family and all are students. Now the question is, is she qualified? (I think yes, since the minimum required is 35 and she scores a 70 only by her experience, age and education).

I HEARD SELF EMPLOYED CATEGORY IS ONE OF THE HARDEST TO GET IMMIGRATION THROUGH, IS THAT TRUE?? IN MY MOTHER'S CASE, HOW ARE HER CHANCES?? !!

Another thing I wanna know - WHERE CAN I FIND CHEAP, REASONABLE, EXPERIENCED & PROFESSIONAL HELP IN BANGLADESH FOR IMMIGRATION TO CANADA IN SELF-EMPLOYED CATEGORY?

I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO IMMIGRATE WITHOUT ANY PROFESSIONAL IMMIGRATION REPRESENTATIVE BUT I WON'T BE IN BANGLADESH AFTER DECEMBER 2013 BECAUSE I'M GOING TO THE USA AS A STUDENT (F1 VISA). CAN ANYONE HELP ??