+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed - Graphic Designer (5241)

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
how many graphic designers in this thread successfully applied for the self-employed program from Karachi Pakistan and get the visa?

riyasen

Oct 20, 2020
Business isn't needed with the underlying application, in Schedule 6A there is a room of section where you can disclose why you need to go to a specific city in Canada. That is the place I clarified a synopsis of the strategy I have.

j708angel

Sep 11, 2019
and do you submit a Narrative documents showing the source of your money?
could you please offer your templets? thanks so much. because Iam confused about this document.

If you don't mind, I am so pleasure to contact with you by WeChat. my WeChat No. is lilin186183

so appreciate.
I'm a Chinese , for all the posts and replies I've read on this forum under the business program, you're the only one asking for templates and leaved contacts, waiting for others to come to you. It's really embarrassing. Please stop asking for templates and leave your contacts here. People like to share and help others, it's a beautiful world, but they don't owe you anything. You should do your own work based on the information you gathered. And share things to help others if you can.

Reactions: yinlei

Chirus

Aug 7, 2020
Hi all, I am planning for Self Employed visa. As my counsultant informed me that I am eligible though I am doing a full time job. I am into Graphic Design from 20 years and had done my own business for 8 years. I am bit confused on this. Please if you guys can help me to understand. I am getting 83 score out of 100.

- Full time job creative person can apply for Self emplyed visa?
- 33 months as they mentioned is for sure to wait for or it can be lesser on case to case?

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
Hi all, I am planning for Self Employed visa. As my counsultant informed me that I am eligible though I am doing a full time job. I am into Graphic Design from 20 years and had done my own business for 8 years. I am bit confused on this. Please if you guys can help me to understand. I am getting 83 score out of 100.

- 33 months as they mentioned is for sure to wait for or it can be lesser on case to case?

Hello! This is based from personal understanding. If your source of income is mainly from being a self-employed and your clients are from overseas like outside your home country and Yes! You can apply under this program :) It is true 33 months is the waiting period for the self-employed category but it used to be 22mos before the pandemic began and increased up to 24mos. and for the new applicants who will be applying under this program will fall under the new timeline which is 33mos.

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
Thanks for your replay @itsmeParis. I am just wondering as I am working full time right now, so can I put my file as Self Employed person?
Definitely! Submit your application together with the documents they needed for you to comply then, move on and continue with our lives. You can work while waiting for the result. From time to time check your GC key for updates. Simply leave it there for 33mos! Wishing us all the best of luck!

Chirus

Aug 7, 2020
Ok, thanks for your time and a very useful information. I am also planning to try for AIPP and BC Tech as 33 months is like half life done :) as I am 42 almost.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Thanks for your replay @itsmeParis. I am just wondering as I am working full time right now, so can I put my file as Self Employed person?
Having a full time job won't automatically disqulify you from applyign through the self employed stream, but you have to bear in mind that your income earned from your self employed status should be able to support your living (you and your family, in Canada)

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2017/2017fc304/2017fc304.html
This case may give you an idea on the matter - refer to paragraphs 16 and 26. that's what they look at.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsmeParis

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada

regarding your second question
no one can tell at the moment

before the pandemic, yes it could be much lesser than the estimated processing time.

Chirus

Aug 7, 2020
Yup, true. I am doing full time job only and earning some handsom amount as my salary. So I have a doubt on this only. As full time working person can be counted as a self employee.

Chirus

Aug 7, 2020
Yes, this is the sad part of self employer. Waiting for opportunity, money, respect and even for PR :)