+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed - Graphic Designer (5241)

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
https://www.settler.ca/english/ielts-self-employed-immigration/

IELTS or other language tests are not part of the minimum criteria at the moment. However, self-employed immigration has a point system as well. You need to receive at least 35 points out of a 100-point system. Language tests could help you get up to 24 points.

it's confusing, its required or not required as basic 35+ points already accomplished so why IELTS?
if you're not a native speaker you will eventually need to prove your language ability in one of Canada's 2 official languages - English of French.

Reactions: khurram69

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
if you're not a native speaker you will eventually need to prove your language ability in one of Canada's 2 official languages - English of French.
Native speaker means? my mother tongue in URDU and English is a basic/moderate level

so what is best for me? do I need to attempt IELTS? and if I got 4-5 bands then? its not good to impress CIO with these results

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Native speaker means? my mother tongue in URDU and English is a basic/moderate level

so what is best for me? do I need to attempt IELTS? and if I got 4-5 bands then? its not good to impress CIO with these results
IMO you'll need to prove it sooner (now with IELTS) or later (during interview) so consider to start working on it seriously...

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
then they will further communicate over email and provide UCI I'd for linkingredients application in gc key account?
After CIO has received your physical application package, if it is completed and signed, they will e-mail you your UCI.
--> This step is commonly referred as 'AOR' here, which stands for 'Acknowledgement of Receipt'.

Then you can link it to your GC key account for any further updates.

Recently due to the pandemic, the AOR takes longer time.

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other

imm0008_6ae
Schedule 6A Business Immigrants - Self Employed Persons

anyone have a sample document for these points covering, much appreciated in advance

I do not have Investment Income like shares, bonds, etc
I do not have Business Income, direct getting payment from the client on my own name western union, and wire transfer as self-employed
need guidance for cumulative gains and inheritance donations, i do not take any loan and no mortgage, having own apartment as an asset no loan

Last edited:

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Questions
  1. How I can write names in Urdu's native language? in the same form which printer in English and write in Urdu just next in black ballpoint? or I need to reprint the form removing the name in English and write the name in Urdu and attached 2 pages for the same form English / Urdu just for name appearance?

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Documents
  1. Education document photocopies SSC / HSC and certificates. Is there any attestation that needs to be done in photocopies? if yes so only education documents need to be attested or passport/NIC/birth certificate all need to be attested? if yes where I can go for attestation in Karachi.
  2. Spouse degree copies attached - I think there is no need to do ECA for in this program for degrees? right?

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
  1. Fees need to pay online right? C$2800 1 main application 1 spouse and 2 kids then biometric it will be C$3020? right? I am not paying permanent resident RIGHTS fees as its a choice to pay later once approved, as thus C$3020 fees are nonrefundable int his program.

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
the company who makes our Business plan just suggest that we should hire employees in Canada to show our contribution to the country. But it is a self-employed program, not an entrepreneur one. Am I right that this is not necessary? Do you know about this? Thank you in advance

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other

Question:

the red highlighted area is not for common family members right? copies of join bank account/property lease document/utility bills copies

it's for only who have 12 months common-law partner, not a normal married family member? please confirm