+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Business Analyst

tak.japan

Aug 27, 2011
I have been working for a major coorporation as a Business Analyst (Contract Position), and, I have set-up a business and my business has been getting the contract for past three years.

I have submitted the application stating that I am self employed with the contract position as a business analyst. Today I just received a letter stating that I have been refused as self-employed cannot be considered as skilled worker...
I'm puzzled, I thought as long as I have a valid work experience whether it's a contract or "full-time" position, I am able to apply under skilled worker/experienced worker status?

Is there anything I can do to reverse their decision??
Should I talk with an immigration consultant?

Bohemia

Aug 21, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I think you applied under the federal skilled worker, if you want to apply as a self-employed theres a different program for that. Check out the CiC website and see under Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed people.

Hope this helps!

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
If you included your prrof of employment as a business analyst for the corporation you worked for and this experience is within the last 10years you are elegible to apply. If that is the case what did you include on your application to support your work as a business analyst for such corporation? You might be able to appeal

Rod

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tak.japan said:
I have been working for a major coorporation as a Business Analyst (Contract Position), and, I have set-up a business and my business has been getting the contract for past three years.

I have submitted the application stating that I am self employed with the contract position as a business analyst. Today I just received a letter stating that I have been refused as self-employed cannot be considered as skilled worker...
I'm puzzled, I thought as long as I have a valid work experience whether it's a contract or "full-time" position, I am able to apply under skilled worker/experienced worker status?

Is there anything I can do to reverse their decision??
Should I talk with an immigration consultant?
Have you applied under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program? When did you applied? That's the dilemma with the self-employed work experience, the assessor need to verify your experience and they have to talk to the applicant himself for it.

I believe the Business analyst is under 1122 NOC, this occupation is already closed (CAP REACHED).

Hope the senior members here can answer your query and advise you and help you more.

regards. :)

tak.japan

Aug 27, 2011
thebeast184 said:
If you included your prrof of employment as a business analyst for the corporation you worked for and this experience is within the last 10years you are elegible to apply. If that is the case what did you include on your application to support your work as a business analyst for such corporation? You might be able to appeal

Rod
I included my work contract from my agent and proof of the incorporation to show the "contractor" is really me... How would I appeal, it's impossible to get incontact with my designated immigration officer even if I call.

tak.japan

Aug 27, 2011
giogenre said:
Have you applied under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program? When did you applied? That's the dilemma with the self-employed work experience, the assessor need to verify your experience and they have to talk to the applicant himself for it.

I believe the Business analyst is under 1122 NOC, this occupation is already closed (CAP REACHED).

Hope the senior members here can answer your query and advise you and help you more.

regards. :)
I applied under expience class since I graduated university ~2.5 years ago... Again, I'm really not sure how I would be able to talk with the offer/assessor, any suggestion on the process of the appeal?

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Where you in direct payroll of the Corporation as an employee? If you only had a contract as an independent (self-employeed) then you are not eligible for FSW. Anyways if it was in CIO stage here it is how to deal with it:

http://get2canada.wordpress.com/how-to-deal-with-unfair-ner/

Rod

tak.japan

Aug 27, 2011
thebeast184 said:
Where you in direct payroll of the Corporation as an employee? If you only had a contract as an independent (self-employeed) then you are not eligible for FSW. Anyways if it was in CIO stage here it is how to deal with it:

Rod
I was not direct payroll, I had an contract through my agency. Is there anything I can do? does this mean my 2.5 years of work experience is useless? My post graduate work visa only lasts until december, and I wanted to get permanent residency until then...

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
you own the agency right? Therefore you are self employed?