+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed Application 2022

Mohammad2022

Sep 30, 2023
Tehran
Category........
BUSINESS
In the last update of the IRCC website, the duration of the self-employed process increased from 52 months to 53 months

Mohammad2022

Sep 30, 2023
Tehran
Category........
BUSINESS
Processing changes from week to week so may go down a week, and then up a week.
But since 14 months ago when I submitted my application till now every time IRCC has updated the process it has increased.
from 40 months it has reached 53 months

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Urgent:
Any one did upfront medical for self-employed application?

means without medical request, performed upfront medical and submit details to IRCC?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Urgent:
Any one did upfront medical for self-employed application?

means without medical request, performed upfront medical and submit details to IRCC?
NO, because it would only make you wait longer.

1. upfront medical means medical before submitting application. Even EE now cancelled upfront IME requirement, largely due to the introduction of streamlined IME and the public policy waiving IME for certain in-land applicants. They are cancelling upfront IME to speed up the process, get the vibe?

2. without IMM 1017E, even the PP agreed to perform IME for you, you will need to submit the result through webform. linking the attachment to your SE file takes time and IRCC will probably be confused seeing your IME result when there had not been any requests for it in the system. This only complicate things and would surely make the processing of your application longer.

3. Medical test results are only valid for one year, while the processing of SE application can easily take much longer, hence invalidate the unrequested IME result. This may further lengthen your wait time. And you may be asked to do another IME later on, just because the previous one expired.

4. It only takes about 1-3 months, after receiving IME request, to pass medical in most cases. Some people managed to schedule IME within 10 days of getting IMM1017E and passing medical in the system only 3 days afterwards, which means that doing medical as asked will not delay your application.

So considering the above info, not including specific personal health conditions of course, it is not rational nor wise to do medical before being asked to.

Just IMHO

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
NO, because it would only make you wait longer.

1. upfront medical means medical before submitting application. Even EE now cancelled upfront IME requirement, largely due to the introduction of streamlined IME and the public policy waiving IME for certain in-land applicants. They are cancelling upfront IME to speed up the process, get the vibe?

2. without IMM 1017E, even the PP agreed to perform IME for you, you will need to submit the result through webform. linking the attachment to your SE file takes time and IRCC will probably be confused seeing your IME result when there had not been any requests for it in the system. This only complicate things and would surely make the processing of your application longer.

3. Medical test results are only valid for one year, while the processing of SE application can easily take much longer, hence invalidate the unrequested IME result. This may further lengthen your wait time. And you may be asked to do another IME later on, just because the previous one expired.

4. It only takes about 1-3 months, after receiving IME request, to pass medical in most cases. Some people managed to schedule IME within 10 days of getting IMM1017E and passing medical in the system only 3 days afterwards, which means that doing medical as asked will not delay your application.

So considering the above info, not including specific personal health conditions of course, it is not rational nor wise to do medical before being asked to.

Just IMHO
Appreciate that your detail reply,

watch this video, no medical request and its updated in portal, looks like he did medical without medical request letter as show in video (table grid of letters)

https://youtube.com/shorts/LxG5cYJ3LvQ?si=efJNwSrTIiQ_7HU5

Lisa_ren

Aug 18, 2023
Can you share your timelines if you have applied to WP under SUV.. ( I have not yet filed PR application)

Here is my timeline for WP Application under SUV (Upfront medicals were uploaded)
Application Submission : Feb 22,2022
Biometrics done : Feb 28,2022
Medical Passed : March 1,2022
Background Check : Ongoing
PPR : Awaited
Dear, I have same status with what you shared before. could I know how long did it take to finish background check? and how long you got final decision? could you pls kindly share left process time? thanks a lot!

Jo1983

Jul 5, 2023
Does anyone have a permanent number or any progress that applied in 2022? We got a temporary number in March 2022 and since then, absolutely nothing...

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Does anyone have a permanent number or any progress that applied in 2022? We got a temporary number in March 2022 and since then, absolutely nothing...
Same with me. Mine was January. But hoping to get stuff up and going by 2024

Jo1983

Jul 5, 2023
Thanks, hopefully there will be some news from 2022 in the new year. Just seems to be taking such a long time, but worth it in the end, I hope. What country are you applying from? I'm in the Uk.

aamy110

Jul 29, 2023
Same here. Got temporary application number in March 2022. Paper based application received, January 4th 2022.

Jo1983

Jul 5, 2023
Same here. Got temporary application number in March 2022. Paper based application received, January 4th 2022.
Yes, sometimes I worry now that new online applications could be processed ahead of even old paper based ones. Can only hope.