+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, we haven’t got any updates too. We applied in January this year (paper-based), the processing time was 22 months. We got our temporary number in February, but since then nothing happened. I asked our immigration agent, and she ad iced to apply the International Mobility Program, a self-employed stream with a C11 exemption program. We applied in October, got our biometrics after 2 weeks. Got a refusal the 1st of December with a silly cause (The officer doesn't see the significant economical benefit, it is a common answer). So we boost our application and try it again in January. Well it gives just work permit but at least we can be in Canada until our PR processing.
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: DHAVAL VAIRAGI

Tahir Azam

Dec 10, 2018
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, we haven’t got any updates too. We applied in January this year (paper-based), the processing time was 22 months. We got our temporary number in February, but since then nothing happened. I asked our immigration agent, and she ad iced to apply the International Mobility Program, a self-employed stream with a C11 exemption program. We applied in October, got our biometrics after 2 weeks. Got a refusal the 1st of December with a silly cause (The officer doesn't see the significant economical benefit, it is a common answer). So we boost our application and try it again in January. Well it gives just work permit but at least we can be in Canada until our PR processing.
Good luck to everyone!
Hi there,

Can you please share your noc? I am also planning to apply under C11 program.

mavisac

Nov 6, 2018
Hi,did you get your temporary UCI number.
May I please ask how can you upload all your art work to the online portal?

it is limited to the size and each of our document are full of pictures, so they all are big size to upload. I had thought of seperating all documents but even one of my art work was still too large. I do not want to compress them because doing so will damage the image. I am the interior designer.
I think the online portal is not friendly to the self-employed person program so far.

nishant.t

Sep 30, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I think if they don't ask then better not submit it. Submit it when they ask it.

mavisac

Nov 6, 2018
If the proofs provided by the applicant is insufficient, the officer can refuse the application without asking for further information.
Agree. As you see current cases, all the applicants were refused due to insufficient documents and the VO did not request additional documents before sending the refusing documents, such as the ILETS, the Bussiness Plan, etc. However, it is better than before becasue it takes less time to process it.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Agree. As you see current cases, all the applicants were refused due to insufficient documents and the VO did not request additional documents before sending the refusing documents, such as the ILETS, the Bussiness Plan, etc. However, it is better than before becasue it takes less time to process it.
Compared to 10 years ago when the processing time was 6-7 years? (......sorry)

MicheleHave

Jan 20, 2022
Hi everyone,
Good luck to everyone!
Hi Mandarin.
i just want to find out if you get a refusal does this also affect your Permanent residence application will they not deny the current application running on the permanent residence application.
also what did you give as proof that you will leave Canada at the end of the temporary period given.

and who is your agent if i may ask maybe they can assist us aswell.
hope to hear from you soon.

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi Mandarin.
i just want to find out if you get a refusal does this also affect your Permanent residence application will they not deny the current application running on the permanent residence application.
also what did you give as proof that you will leave Canada at the end of the temporary period given.

and who is your agent if i may ask maybe they can assist us aswell.
hope to hear from you soon.
Hi Michele,
No, it is not affect our PR application , the criteria for this program is a bit different than the PR program. You can apply for work permit and PR at the same time.
In our business plan we have an exit plan for the leaving. They didn't ask anything else yet.
Our agent is Seema Rathi at Tenon Immigration Services.
You can call them as well. If you can't find their contact info on their website I will give you.
Thank you

mavisac

Nov 6, 2018
Hi Michele,
No, it is not affect our PR application , the criteria for this program is a bit different than the PR program. You can apply for work permit and PR at the same time.
In our business plan we have an exit plan for the leaving. They didn't ask anything else yet.
Our agent is Seema Rathi at Tenon Immigration Services.
You can call them as well. If you can't find their contact info on their website I will give you.
Thank you
I would like to share what i knew. The C-11 normally is granted to the applicant doing trading business unless the applicant can show a very vary strong business plan with a positive 5-year forecast data, along with a three-year business owner history.