+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

Sep 4, 2021
Here, search for the section "Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.
Thanks

Sep 4, 2021
We read this line as well but our immigration agent just advised us to collect everything and sent it to them no matter what. I know people who didn't and their case is ongoing, but we don't want any delay because of missing paper and waste time for communicating. Obviously, they will ask for fresh bank statements and police clearance, and medicals but anyway we did like this...
And by the way, did anyone see that the processing time now is 34 months???
No its now 36 months

Sep 4, 2021
Is there any harm if we are not able to provide supporting documents of any sibling who is residing in Canada initially and gaining there points of adoptability.

EverestToCanada

Nov 9, 2020
Havs anyone noticed that for self-employ application, we could file online now? I wonder if this would make the process quicker. We are gonna file ours by this week, and I'm gonna try online application.

abdelrahman83

Oct 19, 2021
hello everyone ,
i want to app;y and i prepared all documents for self employment prog. so i will apply and submit my file on line only ? or i have to to submitt it first by mail ?

abdelrahman83

Oct 19, 2021
i need help please for explaining this questions
1 - biometric , i have to make it before submitting my file online or after ?
2- can i pay processing fee (1575 $ ) only without paying the fee of ( right of permanent residence 500$) ?

Tahir Azam

Dec 10, 2018
i need help please for explaining this questions
1 - biometric , i have to make it before submitting my file online or after ?
2- can i pay processing fee (1575 $ ) only without paying the fee of ( right of permanent residence 500$) ?
Biometrics are done after you submit the application. and yes you can only pay the processing fee for now.

Reactions: abdelrahman83

EverestToCanada

Nov 9, 2020
You can apply online. I applied online and waiting for AOR. The online process is way easier than paper based application.
Hi, may I ask when did you file your application online? I'm not sure when online application opened.

I'm filling the forms online right now, I've got a problem. For some of the forms that needs to fill, the space is not enough for the information I need to put in, and there's no upload option for that form's part. For example, for form IMM 5406, there's not enough space for my addtress, so I guess I need to attach another paper. But where do I upload my attachment?

EverestToCanada

Nov 9, 2020
You can apply online. I applied online and waiting for AOR. The online process is way easier than paper based application.
One more question, how to save the forms online into PDF files? On the application page, it says "To keep or print a copy of the pages in this form, choose File then Print once you fill in each page. If you don’t have a printer, choose Save as PDF as the print destination. ” But where is the "FILE" I can choose to save as PDF?

Thanks a lot!!!

Reactions: PB India