+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
It's the ITR Part You Submit Previous Years ITR with your Application.
Okay noted. My intended occupation requires low capital, so I wonder if I really need to put both in my business plan. I find this is the hardest part of preparing my application :confused: I put: how I plan to continue my occupation, how I will attract clients and networking with the local associations, how much capital I'm able to put to start working as self-employed, how the occupation's tightness labor market. Is this enough or should I add other things? Thanks for your help.

MVThakur

Mar 6, 2021
Okay noted. My intended occupation requires low capital, so I wonder if I really need to put both in my business plan. I find this is the hardest part of preparing my application :confused: I put: how I plan to continue my occupation, how I will attract clients and networking with the local associations, how much capital I'm able to put to start working as self-employed, how the occupation's tightness labor market. Is this enough or should I add other things? Thanks for your help.
You Can Write: It Example

The expenses for a (Type of Work) business can be kept to a minimum by hiring freelancers. Standard Wi-Fi, computer
maintenance, and website costs can all be held to the bare minimum.
My net worth as of date is CAD (Amount You Have). I can use the liquid funds and, when required, liquidate the assets.
This can take care of a small office, infrastructure, and supporting staff besides taking care of my living.

As per my research, I found that there are multiple ways to market my (Your Business Type) business, but a few of my
favorites include:

. Company Contacts.
. Bids online.
. Querying specific businesses that meet my target criteria (typically, digital marketing agencies and midsized companies).
. Asking for referrals
. Replying to job boards
. Networking on social media platforms

Reactions: Vicksy

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
You Can Write: It Example

The expenses for a (Type of Work) business can be kept to a minimum by hiring freelancers. Standard Wi-Fi, computer
maintenance, and website costs can all be held to the bare minimum.
My net worth as of date is CAD (Amount You Have). I can use the liquid funds and, when required, liquidate the assets.
This can take care of a small office, infrastructure, and supporting staff besides taking care of my living.

As per my research, I found that there are multiple ways to market my (Your Business Type) business, but a few of my
favorites include:

. Company Contacts.
. Bids online.
. Querying specific businesses that meet my target criteria (typically, digital marketing agencies and midsized companies).
. Asking for referrals
. Replying to job boards
. Networking on social media platforms
Hi Thakur,

Thanks so much for the insight!

It seems my current business plan is too complicated :oops:

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Dear all,

What is the format of Narrative for Accumulative of Funds? At this moment I made a table that details the annual income amount and its source and also the table for personal assets, and put my signature at the end. Is this what they want? The content of this file is similar to the Personal Net Worth Statement section in Schedule 6A. Am I right? Thanks for your feedback/input.

Tahir Azam

Dec 10, 2018
I simply wrote how I have earned that money and what is my source of income. I wrote like a page with all the details where the money is coming from and all.

Reactions: Vicksy

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hi Guys,

I am applying through online portal. I need to know if I have to print and sign all the forms and then upload them or there is no need to sign the forms for online applications?
You should be able to find all info on IRCC's website. Their instruction is very detailed. Yes, you need to print and sign all forms. Some forms need you to fill out on a computer then click a button so there's bar code.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
What are the documents we should attached for the proof of sibling residing in Canada
Here, search for the section "Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.

pathak2016

May 29, 2016
Friends,
I am eligible under Code #5222 in Technical and Skilled Occupation of the self-employed - cultural and sports category.
I fulfill all the requirements with MA degree.
I wonder if the application under this category requires "Educational Credential Assessment"?
Nowhere in the guideline, it is mentioned to submit the ECA.

Please throw light on this.
Thanks and Regards,
K
Hi, I am sorry for late reply. ECA is not mandatory for this program. But according to some information in this forum if you do the ECA then the application process might be faster.