+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

nraipuri

Sep 3, 2021
Hi there, welcome.

35 months is an average time for Local Visa Offices (LVO) to process one's application. It can differ greatly from one LVO to another. Since covid, what I have seen is that lots of people waited for 6 months or more to receive AOR, Acknowledgment of Receipt of your application. But some LVO processes it quicker than others. But overall it is drastically slower than 2018-2019.

There are no official rejection chances posted online. But IRCC usually grants somewhere between 550-1250 people under the SE stream. This number seems to need to be divided by 2-3, as each application contains 2-3 or even more family members. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the information.
I would like to understand if 35 months is maximum time OR minimum time for the whole process.
Also, pls suggest a good immigration consultant for this particular category.
Thanks

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Thank you for the information.
I would like to understand if 35 months is maximum time OR minimum time for the whole process.
Also, pls suggest a good immigration consultant for this particular category.
Thanks
processing time varies in different local visa offices.

Tahir Azam

Dec 10, 2018
Hello Everyone, I wish all the best to all of you with your applications. I am going to apply by the end of September. Lets see how much time they gonna take.

Tahir Azam

Dec 10, 2018
Is there anyone who have applied online for this program? Do you guys think the online processing will be faster than paper based? I don't think so.

I am going to apply as a writer noc 5121. Everything is ready - waiting for my IELTS results and then I'll submit the case.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
This number (around 400 families?) is quite encouraging. Hopefully, as time goes by and we recover from the pandemic, the process will gradually back to the previous processing time. I wonder about the application status of those who have applied in 2020 (after the pandemic).
Encouraging? I’m glad you see the good things! Haha, I see 400-600 accepted (approx) out of 400,000 immigrants accepted as an insanely low number and am pretty discouraged. But then again, I still can’t find how many people actually apply for the SE stream. If there are only 1000-1500 applications then that’s ok. If there are 20,000 then not so good

pathak2016

May 29, 2016
Can anyone tell me if I apply online and uploads documents then how can I write Studio information and name of the applicant at the back of the photos?

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Thanks
Any idea how much time is taking in New Delhi, India?
Sorry, not quite sure about the LVO in India, however, there are lots of applicants from India in the forum so please find them and ask them. I think There might even be group chats somewhere on the internet. Good luck!

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Can anyone tell me if I apply online and uploads documents then how can I write Studio information and name of the applicant at the back of the photos?
Hi there, online application is a new feature and according to my knowledge almost no one in this forum had experience with it... We all applied by mail...

ksn201

Sep 16, 2021
Friends,
I am eligible under Code #5222 in Technical and Skilled Occupation of the self-employed - cultural and sports category.
I fulfill all the requirements with MA degree.
I wonder if the application under this category requires "Educational Credential Assessment"?
Nowhere in the guideline, it is mentioned to submit the ECA.

Please throw light on this.
Thanks and Regards,
K

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Friends,
I am eligible under Code #5222 in Technical and Skilled Occupation of the self-employed - cultural and sports category.
I wonder if the application under this category requires "Educational Credential Assessment"?

Thanks and Regards,
K
As far as I understand that's optional.

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Friends,

Thanks and Regards,
K
If you want to do ECA and it is recommended to do so. You can look up World Education Services (WES), basically, you pay a fee and ask your school to send some doc to WES, they'll directly send your ECA to IRCC. More info on the WES website. You can also find info on the IRCC website, just need to dig. Or try google keywords like IRCC ECA WES. HTH.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
If you want to do ECA and it is recommended to do so. You can look up World Education Services (WES), basically, you pay a fee and ask your school to send some doc to WES, they'll directly send your ECA to IRCC. More info on the WES website. You can also find info on the IRCC website, just need to dig. Or try google keywords like IRCC ECA WES. HTH.
No harm to do, yet, again, it is optional.

ksn201

Sep 16, 2021
Hi,
It's nice to see prompt responses. Thanks for responding friends.
Anyone here received a PR as self-employed in the cultural & Sports category?
Cheers!

Tahir Azam

Dec 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am applying through online portal. I need to know if I have to print and sign all the forms and then upload them or there is no need to sign the forms for online applications?