+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi there,
as I couldn’t have seen any thread about Self-employed application in 2021 I would like to start one to be able to share our experience and if we can help each other.
We sent our application in the beginning of the year under the 5241 NOC number from Europe.
So fingers crossed.
We just now have received our temporary application number, and waiting for any further step.
Good luck to everyone in here!

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Hi there,
as I couldn’t have seen any thread about Self-employed application in 2021 I would like to start one to be able to share our experience and if we can help each other.
We sent our application in the beginning of the year under the 5241 NOC number from Europe.
So fingers crossed.
We just now have received our temporary application number, and waiting for any further step.
Good luck to everyone in here!
best of luck

Reactions: Homay7

nandaa

Mar 24, 2021
Hi I know there have been discussions in some previous threads regarding ECA. I just want to be sure that we don't need to do ECA for the Self-employed/Cultural stream. Is the information right? Could anyone please confirm that they've got the PR without the ECA?

Thanks in advance!

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Hi I know there have been discussions in some previous threads regarding ECA. I just want to be sure that we don't need to do ECA for the Self-employed/Cultural stream. Is the information right? Could anyone please confirm that they've got the PR without the ECA?

Thanks in advance!
well, before submitting my application I asked here and many applicants said it's not a must in this stream but no harm if you have it already.
have a good day

Reactions: nandaa

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020

Thanks in advance!
We made it, our Immigration agent advised it is better to submit than it cause delay later. I hope it is helped. Good luck

Reactions: nandaa

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Why conversations in this 2021 forum are so less? Is no one applying for self employed immigration?
Unfortunately, I don't know. I’ve started this stream, but I think a lot of people are following older topics, like 2018,2019,2020.
Just a quick update: we sent our application in January, we received our temporary file number on 5th of February. Since then nothing happened.

Reactions: pathak2016

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hey everyone, newbie here. I wish everyone the best of luck! I plan to submit my application next month and have a question.

Just would like to know if I should include my bank statements in the application? On Schedule 6A it is clearly stated that "Do not provide supporting documents at this point". But I'm worried if I don't, it'll delay the processing of the application. What did everyone do? Thank you so much.

Reactions: cheetos13s

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Hey everyone, newbie here. I wish everyone the best of luck! I plan to submit my application next month and have a question.

Just would like to know if I should include my bank statements in the application? On Schedule 6A it is clearly stated that "Do not provide supporting documents at this point". But I'm worried if I don't, it'll delay the processing of the application. What did everyone do? Thank you so much.
Welcome, It won't harm but no need to.

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020

We read this line as well but our immigration agent just advised us to collect everything and sent it to them no matter what. I know people who didn't and their case is ongoing, but we don't want any delay because of missing paper and waste time for communicating. Obviously, they will ask for fresh bank statements and police clearance, and medicals but anyway we did like this...
And by the way, did anyone see that the processing time now is 34 months???

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
We read this line as well but our immigration agent just advised us to collect everything and sent it to them no matter what. I know people who didn't and their case is ongoing, but we don't want any delay because of missing paper and waste time for communicating. Obviously, they will ask for fresh bank statements and police clearance, and medicals but anyway we did like this...
And by the way, did anyone see that the processing time now is 34 months???
Thanks a lot for the answer. I guess we also need to translate and notarize the bank statements if they are not in English?

I did notice the time.. I saw it go from 29 months to 34 while I was preparing my documents, nerve-wracking!