+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
massive update from HongKong office:

all applications from Jan and Feb of 2021 received ADR and IME in late November. However, still no sign of new AORs
That’s good news for HK. I applied in 2020 and haven’t gotten either of those (ADR/IME).

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
any updates for July 2021 applicants? Does anyone have any idea what is going on with IRCC in this self employed visa update?

aamy110

Jul 29, 2023
any updates for July 2021 applicants? Does anyone have any idea what is going on with IRCC in this self employed visa update?
Self-employed visa stream has always been a long processing stream. We'll be lucky if the application is concluded in 3 three years time. Moreover, After the processing is started, it depends on that specific visa office where your application is being processed. It is a lengthy process overall.

Sadia.aamir

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
I have a query:
We applied in July 2021 and since then never hear till date except temp AoR. My son has already started studies in Canada this year. If we will receive biometric request how we will do it for my son as he is already in Canada for studies.
Please guide me in that regard.
Thanks

Sadia.aamir

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
I think you will get your medical examination request very soon after New year holidays
Further plz you can tell how you apply your GCMS notes? Like you received temporary AOR or permanent?
TIA

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Hi I applied in July 2021 and got Temporary no in Aug 2021 n yet waiting for any update as I haven’t got any so if anyone have update please share your experience….

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Hi I applied in July 2021 and got Temporary no in Aug 2021 n yet waiting for any update as I haven’t got any so if anyone have update please share your experience….
If you wouldn’t mind….could you not post (duplicate posts in every thread) in other Year threads with questions about applications from 2021 as it gets all our hopes up when we see new posts in our year. Keep it to your specific year thread. Thank you and I hope others who applied in 2021 give you some answers!

bhorvath

Jan 9, 2024
Hi there,

I applied for the Self-Employed Person Program through my lawyer in July 2021 and it's been a long and bleak road that I'm taking. After two years, I finally got my permanent application number and the paperwork was connected to my IRCC account. By this I could track my application processing on a timeline. The green bar grew 1% in every 10 days and the estimated deadline was December 29, 2023. I can't explain to you how excited I was by that date. But no response were sent from IRCC, only a message like this:

'About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.'

I'm kinda losing my mind by now and I have no idea who to talk to and what to expect. I find this way of treating applicants unacceptable.

Reactions: Emmanuelupdated

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,

I applied for the Self-Employed Person Program through my lawyer in July 2021 and it's been a long and bleak road that I'm taking. After two years, I finally got my permanent application number and the paperwork was connected to my IRCC account. By this I could track my application processing on a timeline. The green bar grew 1% in every 10 days and the estimated deadline was December 29, 2023. I can't explain to you how excited I was by that date. But no response were sent from IRCC, only a message like this:

'About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.'

I'm kinda losing my mind by now and I have no idea who to talk to and what to expect. I find this way of treating applicants unacceptable.
Unfortunately processing is around 54 months so you are within processing times. This is a stream that takes years to process. What is your NOC?

bhorvath

Jan 9, 2024
Unfortunately processing is around 54 months so you are within processing times. This is a stream that takes years to process. What is your NOC?
Thank you for getting back to me. Since it's a little unclear to me, I was wondering if the processing time on the IRCC website is for those who are about to apply through this program or for everyone who has already applied before?

Also, I was curious if there's anyone in this forum who had a similar experience when it comes to the 100% processing timeline with an additional wait on top. I would like to know how long people had to wait additionally.