+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
We sent our application off yesterday!! I guess the waiting begins (we got the photos taken care of)
Good luck and welcome to the waiting list!
To be honest I'm seriously concerned about the long wait just to obtain the AOR.
As far as I understand 23 months of processing time are apparently from the moment they send us the AOR..

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone,

This thread has been very helpful in learning about this program. Could someone have a look at my profile and see if it's feasible to apply?

• I just graduated university with a Bachelor and seeking employment
  • I did 2 internships with Canadian companies, got paid well but only for 7 months
  • I was a volunteer writer for a local newspaper that focuses on Canadian culture and events for 3 years, not paid work
  • Currently doing freelance writing for other publications in Canada, though they don't pay a lot...
I'm a writer so I think the NOC code should be fine, but not sure about other parts like finances or job titles and experiences...

Any replies are appreciated!
You need to be self employed (ie. receive income and your major source of income) for 2 years or above to apply for this stream.
As a fresh grad you may actually benefit from going the Express Entry path... try to calculate your CRS with the official online tool.

Reactions: Devinlok29

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
Is there a way to know how many applications the IRCC receives every year for our Self-employed stream?
I'd like to know what's the percentage of refusal

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Is there a way to know how many applications the IRCC receives every year for our Self-employed stream?
I'd like to know what's the percentage of refusal
I've been trying to find numbers on this everywhere, it's been impossible. I found numbers on how many they approve, but nothing on how many apply as SE in total.

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
I did just read here that in 2015, only 21% of SE applications were approved, but that was including farm management at the time, which is no longer applicable. I'm curious what the numbers are now.

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
I have found this document: http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/IRCC_DRF_1718_1819_0001_E.XLSX
go to the 5th tab, You will find:

"Percentage of permanent resident applicants who report they were satisfied overall with the services they received"
94% of the applicants were satisfied with the IRCC service, and the total number for the PR Economic federal business immigrant was 1930.
If we consider that under that program there are many classes, as it is written here and 94% of them are happy, I don't think there is a huge number of refusals.
What do you think about that guys?

PR Economic Fed Business Immigrant 5​
94%​
1.930​
1.814​

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Dear all,
I just sent my application, for the Self-employed program!
UPS is just processing the parcel, it should be in Sydney by tomorrow.
Very excited. I'll keep you posted about future updates.
Stay in touch.
Nice! Did you get your AOR yet?

faizanpatel

May 17, 2020
Self Employed Application..
Application Received in Sydney NS on 14th Feb 2020
Application Number/UCI received on 19th
Additional document request received on 19th
Additional documents received by IRCC on 25th March 2020.

ALL the best ParuMani

faizanpatel

May 17, 2020
I had a question regarding the documents to be sent for the Self-Employed Program.

Should I send my education transcripts or a WES evaluation report would suffice? Also, am I supposed to send my original IELTS TRF for the same?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
I had a question regarding the documents to be sent for the Self-Employed Program.

Should I send my education transcripts or a WES evaluation report would suffice? Also, am I supposed to send my original IELTS TRF for the same?
WES (ECA) is not compulsory. Transcripts should suffice.
Original IELTS report is required. Refer to checklist Form IMM5784.