+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

EverestToCanada

Nov 9, 2020
What kind of "reference letter" show we provide under this self-employed category? What format or what information should be include in our reference letter?

EverestToCanada

Nov 9, 2020
there's no absolute format for a reference letter as long as the contents are relevant and makes sense and is written by your referee.
Thank you for your reply! I found that for EE category, there are certain information are suggested to be included in the reference letter as a self-employer, so I wonder what are the messages the immigration officers are looking for in the reference letters under our targeted category.

So far the reference letters my husband got (he is the applicant) bascially states in what project the referee got to know my husband, how they worked together and during the job how well my husband did and solved problems, how good impressions he left, and some of his outstanding or unique characters, etc. Do you think these are sufficent?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Thank you for your reply! I found that for EE category, there are certain information are suggested to be included in the reference letter as a self-employer, so I wonder what are the messages the immigration officers are looking for in the reference letters under our targeted category.

So far the reference letters my husband got (he is the applicant) bascially states in what project the referee got to know my husband, how they worked together and during the job how well my husband did and solved problems, how good impressions he left, and some of his outstanding or unique characters, etc. Do you think these are sufficent?
IMO that sounds good as those mentioned in the letters are true and the contents are comprehensive .

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Hello to all dear ones
I have prepared all forms for self-employment-sportman...however, writing the narrative document took me a long time
But I have a question:
I got my IELTS degree many years ago so due to the point that IELTS certificates are not valid for more than two years
I want to know or is it mandatory to send an IELTS degree?
how ever I will not need to language points, I think.Because hopefully I will get full points in the areas of experience and degree, etc
So,
If I do not send a language certificate
Is it possible that it will cause them to send me back.

I would be very grateful if you could guide me
All the best

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Ther
Hello to all dear ones
I have prepared all forms for self-employment-sportman...however, writing the narrative document took me a long time
But I have a question:
I got my IELTS degree many years ago so due to the point that IELTS certificates are not valid for more than two years
how ever I will not need to language points, I think.Because hopefully I will get full points in the areas of experience and degree, etc
So,

All the best
There are cases where applicants did not send their language test results and they still received AOR.

Reactions: Homay7

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hello to all dear ones
But I have a question:
So,

All the best
https://www.settler.ca/english/ielts-self-employed-immigration/#:~:text=IELTS or other language tests,get up to 24 points.
FYI

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
I'll start!

I have JUST started my process. I have been a self-employed wedding, commercial, and event photographer in the States for 12 years. We put out retainer down with an immigration lawyer (w/ Campbell & Cohen) last week and sent her a bunch of preliminary information so she could tell us if we are good candidates or not.

At this point, I am the primary applicant. My points are roughly 93. I'm hoping we are given the green light to apply for real very soon. I know I'm gonna have to summon my patience with the process, especially with the virus situation.

Anyone else here initially applied in 2020 or planning to?

Pls how did u get to 93 points? Good luck

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
My lawyer said they use the regular Express Entry "necessary funds" list as a guide, but it's not a hard and fast rule. I have 5 people in my group and he said we should shoot to have roughly $27,000 CAN. They also take your net worth into consideration.
Do you need to add prove of your net worth? I mean documents showing ownership of property you claim on the net worth.

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Do you need to add prove of your net worth? I mean documents showing ownership of property you claim on the net worth.
Not upon initial application. They just ask for a breakdown of your assets and liabilities resulting in your final net worth total

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
This was a miscalculation on my part when I posted that comment (prior to applying)

I will likely end up around 72 points without the IELTS. I take the IELTS in January and any points I get from that will be added. My points are from my college degree, adaptability, 5 years + of experience in my craft, and my age.

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Hi,
My son was born on January 3, 2000 and I'm not sure how long I have for submission , so that he get qualify as dependant child in my application.....when is the deadline? Can someone please guide me ? Many thanks