+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
PAL means you passed the eligibility requirement and the assessment of admissibility will start, and the medical request is part of admissibility assessment, while the other one is background check, which includes criminal and security checks. So a big congrats on this note.

As to the complications, just call them and let them know they have made a mistake. this is going to slow your processing a bit, so I recommend call them now, as there is a time limit on the request.
Thank you. But if I passed eligibility so got pre arrival, would they need additional docs? It feels like the additional docs request is right, but the accompanying letter is wrong.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Thank you. But if I passed eligibility so got pre arrival, would they need additional docs? It feels like the additional docs request is right, but the accompanying letter is wrong.

Normally, they don't. But ircc has gone mad recently. So still call them, if I were you. upload the ADs requested, if you believe they were meant for you.

Reactions: a.abhiman

mickeymi

Mar 4, 2020
FINALLY. UK office processing me.
Just got my medical request and pre arrival letter. What’s the significance of pre arrival?

almost unbelievably , they also sent me a request for more info letter addressed to someone completed different with their home address, and email, saying they don’t qualify etc. definitely not meant for me.
it basically indicates that you are eligible for the program but still need to run background checks / medical check on you.

Reactions: canadawill

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Hello everyone
I heard that the Warsaw office still continues to reject applications from Iranians.
Do the Iranians in this forum have any new updates?

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
An update: After waiting 3+ years for an answer from Canada, we have given up. We applied elsewhere and got visas in our passports within 3 MONTHS. I'll still keep an eye on this board to see how it's going with everyone else. And I'll let you know if I hear anything else from Canada. We'll try to get our RPRF refunded.

Good luck!

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
An update: After waiting 3+ years for an answer from Canada, we have given up. We applied elsewhere and got visas in our passports within 3 MONTHS. I'll still keep an eye on this board to see how it's going with everyone else. And I'll let you know if I hear anything else from Canada. We'll try to get our RPRF refunded.

Good luck!
You were so close to the end... why quit now?

Reactions: Mandarin0212

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023

Good luck!
Ahh I am both so sorry to hear that but at the same time so happy for you that you moved on and got visas elsewhere. To be perfectly honest, I've been considering the same thing - trying a different country because this 3+ year wait and putting our lives on stand-by just isn't doing it for me anymore. And I'm not even past biometrics yet :(

All the best of luck to you as well! 3 months for a full visa is incredible! I hope you're happy and thriving wherever you end up in the world :)

Reactions: tanyaviola

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Ahh I am both so sorry to hear that but at the same time so happy for you that you moved on and got visas elsewhere. To be perfectly honest, I've been considering the same thing - trying a different country because this 3+ year wait and putting our lives on stand-by just isn't doing it for me anymore. And I'm not even past biometrics yet :(

All the best of luck to you as well! 3 months for a full visa is incredible! I hope you're happy and thriving wherever you end up in the world :)
Thank you! I wish you the best and hope they do come through for you soon.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Fair enough. Good luck to you - where have you ended up?
Going to the UK. The application process was so much more straightforward….and faster Canada cannot keep blaming COVID for the backlog. Most other countries take 1 year or less to get a visa. This is just not normal and if this is any indication of government practices….maybe it’s for the best. We also wanted to get out of the U.S. before the elections.

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023

Good luck!
Ah I wasn’t expecting that! I was actually thinking you’d be the next to update us with good news! Have you for sure given up? Like even if you received an approval in the next month or two?

I understand getting frustrated with the long wait and making other plans though! Even with being so far through the process it seems so uncertain about whether you’ll get an approval soon or just get left sitting for months waiting. I’m sure you can get the RPRF back if you end up not pursuing this any further. Just sucks you’ve come so far and just gone through the medical and ADR recently. I definitely don’t have much more waiting around left in me either :(

Wish you all the best though! Good luck with the UK! Great thing about moving there is the accessibility to Europe travel (& of course escaping the US before elections!!)

samAzim

Feb 14, 2024
hello everyone. I'm glad to find such a forum.
I was trying to find any topic related to the interview questions.
I sent my application in November 2020 I got my biometrics done in March 2023. now I've got this e-mail asking me to attend to the embassy with these documents
(X) Documents relevant to your current and previous employments;
(X) Business plan;
(X) Updated financial statements;
(X) Any other documents that may aid in evidencing you seek to be a self-employed worker in cultural activities in Canada;
(X) Your original passport(s).

can anyone help me answer these questions?
is asking for an interview a good or bad sign.
what questions to expect in this interview
how to make a business plan
what documents could help convince the officer

thanks in advance

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
hello everyone. I'm glad to find such a forum.
I was trying to find any topic related to the interview questions.
I sent my application in November 2020 I got my biometrics done in March 2023. now I've got this e-mail asking me to attend to the embassy with these documents
(X) Documents relevant to your current and previous employments;
(X) Business plan;
(X) Updated financial statements;
(X) Any other documents that may aid in evidencing you seek to be a self-employed worker in cultural activities in Canada;
(X) Your original passport(s).

can anyone help me answer these questions?
is asking for an interview a good or bad sign.
what questions to expect in this interview
how to make a business plan
what documents could help convince the officer

thanks in advance
Where did you apply from? Did you get a request for additional documents or a medical request yet?

I think usually an interview request is to clarify to the officer if you meet the eligibility requirements and sometimes to go over information you provided in case it was not clear. I don’t think it’s a bad sign, it’s just giving you the opportunity to explain your case before a decision is made.

If you go back through the forums you should come across some posts that address your questions. I personally haven’t been asked for an interview but to prove Self-Employment I provided client testimonials, invoices and contracts from a 2 year period along with a letter of explanation describing what I do, including any achievements (e.g. awards, press coverage etc.) I have and evidence that I’m recognized internationally. I did not provide a business plan but stated how I will contribute positively to cultural activities in Canada. I would advise you write an explanation of how you plan to establish your business in Canada and give evidence that you’ve done your research and have a plan in place to prove your intentions to become Self-Employed.

Good Luck!

Reactions: samAzim

samAzim

Feb 14, 2024
Where did you apply from? Did you get a request for additional documents or a medical request yet?

I think usually an interview request is to clarify to the officer if you meet the eligibility requirements and sometimes to go over information you provided in case it was not clear. I don’t think it’s a bad sign, it’s just giving you the opportunity to explain your case before a decision is made.

If you go back through the forums you should come across some posts that address your questions. I personally haven’t been asked for an interview but to prove Self-Employment I provided client testimonials, invoices and contracts from a 2 year period along with a letter of explanation describing what I do, including any achievements (e.g. awards, press coverage etc.) I have and evidence that I’m recognized internationally. I did not provide a business plan but stated how I will contribute positively to cultural activities in Canada. I would advise you write an explanation of how you plan to establish your business in Canada and give evidence that you’ve done your research and have a plan in place to prove your intentions to become Self-Employed.

Good Luck!
thanks for your reply. I applied from Jordan. yes, they asked me first to submit a new form of IMM 5406. next mail they asked for a bank statement. I hope It's a good sign. anyways thanks for your kind reply and good luck with your application

Reactions: Taylah