Self-Employed Application 2020

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
can you share the London email please

I still can't get IRCC to update my portal and remove the request letter addressed to another individual. It's been a week and a half now, and the deadline for me to submit docs is approaching fast (8th March). But I don't know the details of which docs to submit, since I don't have the right request letter.

I've emailed London, webform, and called IRCC twice in Canada.

Don't know what to do.

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
which program you choosed after self-employed ?

An update: After waiting 3+ years for an answer from Canada, we have given up. We applied elsewhere and got visas in our passports within 3 MONTHS. I'll still keep an eye on this board to see how it's going with everyone else. And I'll let you know if I hear anything else from Canada. We'll try to get our RPRF refunded.

Good luck!

samAzim

Feb 14, 2024
hello there, does anyone here know an accountant who understands our stream well enough to revise my business plan?

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
Application sent in July 2020
Temporary Application ID received in January 2021
*silence for 3 years and 8 months*
Permanent AOR received in March 2023

With Permanent AOR I also received a request for a birth certificate. The problem is that when I linked my application, I realized that I could not add any documents online. I just don't have the add documents button in my account. And in general, there is no request for additional documents. Although the letter asked to send a birth certificate within 7 days. Has this ever happened to anyone on this forum?

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
In any case, I recommend that everyone who applied for this program try to get visas to other countries as well. I am currently waiting for a visa to Portugal. I have been waiting for a response from Canada for almost 4 years and it is unclear when it will end and what the result will be. You need to have a backup plan and not put your life on pause.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022

With Permanent AOR I also received a request for a birth certificate. The problem is that when I linked my application, I realized that I could not add any documents online. I just don't have the add documents button in my account. And in general, there is no request for additional documents. Although the letter asked to send a birth certificate within 7 days. Has this ever happened to anyone on this forum?
You can use webform to upload ADRs

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
In any case, I recommend that everyone who applied for this program try to get visas to other countries as well. I am currently waiting for a visa to Portugal. I have been waiting for a response from Canada for almost 4 years and it is unclear when it will end and what the result will be. You need to have a backup plan and not put your life on pause.
Indeed. Still waiting after 3+ years. Got a visa for UK in 3 months....can't wait any longer.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020

Yes, upload via webform asap. Sometimes they don't read those for quite a while but they'll see when it was added. I had the same thing with ours. They wanted an updated photo of the passport as the one they had was expired. But there was nowhere to 'upload' on the portal so we sent it via webform.

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
We learned this the hard way. We've been waiting since June 2021 and only gave biometrics in June 2023. Nothing since then. My husband and I put everything on hold and we're quickly realizing this is not worth it anymore. We're probably going to apply for a different visa somewhere in Europe as well, Portugal sounds great for freelancers and self-employed people though. Good luck to you!

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
it’s definitely a crazy amount of time to have your life up in the air. There’s so many things I keep saying to myself I can do once this finally comes through. It’s hard to plan anything in advance when your life is on hold. I’m sorry it’s taken so long for you! Sounds like a back up plan is the way to go.

For me I’ve taken the student path to increase my business knowledge of Canada and learn more about running a business here while I wait. My visa is up in less than 3 weeks though and I’ve had to apply for an extension while I continue to wait for PR.

It’s getting disheartening that none of the recent bunch of ADRs/medicals in December/January have had any further progress since. I definitely thought more approvals from 2020 would be coming in by now :confused: