Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
I also got same refusal..In fact I have work experience of 13 years
Sorry to hear about these refusals. It's really not fair, as our friend who applied under FSE in 2016 was given a procedural fairness letter and was told if they could not prove they had enough relevant experience, then their application would be refused. In short, they were given a chance to prove themselves first. It wasn't a straight-up refusal. They were able to give additional evidence of relevant experience and were eventually approved.

I think it's getting more difficult to apply under the FSE pathway. An alternative way is Canada's temporary program of allowing visitor visa holders to apply for either an open work permit or study permit once they're in Canada. This program will only be until February 28, 2025:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/visit-to-work.html

This is a good opportunity to take advantage of. You would, however, need either a valid job offer or offer letter from an eligible Canadian school.

Also, I would like to give a word of caution. It is very challenging to land the job that you want right away here, even for professionals or Canadian school graduates like me. The job market is insanely competitive and there's still the catch-22 situation of "You need Canadian experience before we can hire you" that's still so pervasive in the society here. Many times, you need to get a survival job first for several years before you can get the job you truly want. Which is where I am right now.

I am on my third survival job, and finally it is a company that I can envision a future with and where I see myself staying for several years because of their emphasis on career growth.

So for the newbies thinking of applying under FSE, I highly discourage you as the waiting time is over-the-top ridiculous. It is at the bottom of the government's priority list in terms of immigration streams. Decide on whether you want to work or study here, get a visitor visa (which is relatively easy to get approved for), and apply for a work or study permit when you're here.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you are in Canada for exemption? There is no exemption for outside Canada, but EE applicants (not other streams)…As of October 1, 2023, you no longer need to get an upfront medical examination before you submit your application for permanent residence through Express Entry.

This also for Express Entry applicants.

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
So you are in Canada for exemption? There is no exemption for outside Canada, but EE applicants (not other streams)…As of October 1, 2023, you no longer need to get an upfront medical examination before you submit your application for permanent residence through Express Entry.

This also for Express Entry applicants.

No, I am in Pakistan and I applied from Pakistan Nov. 2020, self employed paper based application, biometric done and next is medical request which is not arrive yet but I hear some case people proceed IME medical upfront by itself and sent to IRCC via webform to update in portal and speed up process

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, I am in Pakistan and I applied from Pakistan Nov. 2020, self employed paper based application, biometric done and next is medical request which is not arrive yet but I hear some case people proceed IME medical upfront by itself and sent to IRCC via webform to update in portal and speed up process
Don’t follow instructions for EE. Follow instructions for self employment. Upfront may not speed up process because then completed medical gets caught in webform.

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Don’t follow instructions for EE. Follow instructions for self employment. Upfront may not speed up process because then completed medical gets caught in webform.
you applied this stream from where? your NOC and details .....

is upfront medical allowed to perform without medical request letter from IRCC ? or need to wait for a medical IME instruction letter then proceed medical exam?

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
can anyone tell me how much time it take from sending an application to IRCC till getting permanent AOR in this self employed category by courier? any theory or explanation much appreciated?

hareshkharwa

Feb 17, 2023
Have you received GCMS notes??

Yes I did. @Naturgrl and @Ansionuk were right.

In refusal letter it was stated "Based on the information provided as part of your application, I am not satisfied that you possess the relevant experience and/or ability to make a significant contribution to cultural or athletic activities in Canada. I am thus not satisfied that you meet the definition of a "selfemployed person" set out in subsection 88(1) of the regulations."

I thought I was refused on the grounds of experience. However when i ordered GCMS notes, it stated "Based on the documents and information on file, I am not satisfied applicant has explored business prospects or that he has completed any significant or detailed research about the area where he intends to establish himself or has explored the cultural aspect related to his proposed self employment in Canada."

So it was business plan that they were not satisfied with. So I booked a call with ex-ircc officer paying $500 with a plan in mind to resubmit business plan and put to reconsideration. He suggested that even if we resubmit business plan and get over this obstacle, they will come up with something else to refuse and I will get busy getting from one rabit hole to another wasting time as well as a lot of money. He says they have observed that anyone who couldn't fit in any other category, cook some documents and gets into this category. So they are over suspicious with canditates on this category and this is the reason why refusal rate is more than 75% in this category.

So I packed up my Canadian PR dream and working on my work visa to Denmark.

Thanks for the help guys and wish you all luck.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Yes I did. @Naturgrl and @Ansionuk were right.

In refusal letter it was stated "Based on the information provided as part of your application, I am not satisfied that you possess the relevant experience and/or ability to make a significant contribution to cultural or athletic activities in Canada. I am thus not satisfied that you meet the definition of a "selfemployed person" set out in subsection 88(1) of the regulations."

I thought I was refused on the grounds of experience. However when i ordered GCMS notes, it stated "Based on the documents and information on file, I am not satisfied applicant has explored business prospects or that he has completed any significant or detailed research about the area where he intends to establish himself or has explored the cultural aspect related to his proposed self employment in Canada."

So it was business plan that they were not satisfied with. So I booked a call with ex-ircc officer paying $500 with a plan in mind to resubmit business plan and put to reconsideration. He suggested that even if we resubmit business plan and get over this obstacle, they will come up with something else to refuse and I will get busy getting from one rabit hole to another wasting time as well as a lot of money. He says they have observed that anyone who couldn't fit in any other category, cook some documents and gets into this category. So they are over suspicious with canditates on this category and this is the reason why refusal rate is more than 75% in this category.

So I packed up my Canadian PR dream and working on my work visa to Denmark.

Thanks for the help guys and wish you all luck.
Wow, that's crazy. Where did you see that refusal rate is 75%??? That's an outrageous number. I never heard that. Never would have applied if I'd seen that number. Good luck with Denmark!

a1A2b1B2-

Oct 18, 2023
Bangladesh
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-10-2023
File Transfer...
27-11-2022
Passport Req..
A03269686
Hi, GOOD morning, pace be uppon all of them,I am sayeed ahamed from Bangladesh. We are working for people’s and humanity. Protect the our environment climate change and human health. Please support me for working Usa Canada.I have seven years jobe experience and Four years up Self employed as a recherch assistant in the my fairm.
Our slogan... When you know bartter you can do batter.
Best regard
Sayeed Ahamed

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Urgent:
Any one did upfront medical for self-employed application?

means without medical request, performed upfront medical and submit details to IRCC?

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Here is my latest update. I just received an email asking me for a new polic certificate and Updated Schedule A . I understand that the police certificate expired but why new schadual A form again. Is It normal?

Reactions: Mandarin0212

Hemeda

Aug 8, 2022
Here is my latest update. I just received an email asking me for a new polic certificate and Updated Schedule A . I understand that the police certificate expired but why new schadual A form again. Is It normal?
Yes, it is normal for IRCC to request updated documents, such as a new police clearance certificate and an updated Schedule A form. IRCC frequently asks for updated documents during the application process. Which visa office sent to you this request

Reactions: cheetos13s

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Yes, it is normal for IRCC to request updated documents, such as a new police clearance certificate and an updated Schedule A form. IRCC frequently asks for updated documents during the application process. Which visa office sent to you this request
thanks for your reply. Cairo visa office. so I suppose the next steps would be an interview or a medical request without an interview.
according to this info
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=ecas

Reactions: Mandarin0212