Self-Employed Application 2020

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
I got an additional document request for my spouse on 07-09-2023

After two days of document submission in the online portal, I received a Biometric request and a permanent AOR.

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Hi. got the rejection today. I had shown my experience from March 2018 to November 2020 which is more than 2 years. and I applied in December 2020. my rejection letter says as I do not have relevant experience as it is not beginning five years before the date of application. However what I understand is it has to be during during the period beginning five years before the date of application.

Is this rejection right? or should I apply for reconsideration through immigration lawyer?

“Relevant experience” means a minimum of two years of experience, during the period beginning five years before the date of application for a permanent resident visa and ending on the day a determination is made in respect of the application, consisting of

(i) in respect of cultural activities,

(A) two one-year periods of experience in self-employment in cultural activities,

(B) two one-year periods of experience in participation at a world class level in cultural activities, or

(C) a combination of a one-year period of experience described in clause (A) and a - 2 - one-year period of experience described in clause (B),

(ii) in respect of athletics,

(A) two one-year periods of experience in self-employment in athletics,

(B) two one-year periods of experience in participation at a world class level in athletics, or

(C) a combination of a one-year period of experience described in clause (A) and a oneyear period of experience described in clause (B), and

Subsection 100(2) of the Regulations states that if a foreign national who applies as a member of the self-employed persons class is not a self-employed person within the meaning of subsection 88(1), the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required.

Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration

7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca

Based on the information provided as part of your application, I am not satisfied that you possess the relevant experience and/or ability to make a significant contribution to cultural or athletic activities in Canada. I am thus not satisfied that you meet the definition of a "selfemployed person" set out in subsection 88(1) of the regulations.

Consequently, you are not eligible to receive a permanent resident visa as a member of the selfemployed persons class.

Sorry to hear this, if you paid permanent residence RIGHTS fees, you are eligible to apply refund

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Hi

I am reporting new updates from our group again:

applicant from 2021/04 received AOR days ago
one painter from 2020/08 received ppr yesterday
one graphic designer from 2020/06 received ppr today

I will keep updating if this helps. Please let me know, hang in here our time will come.
can you share your group link so we can join and see progress please

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020