+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
March 2020-submitted application
Jan 2021- AOR
April 2023- request for schedule A, proof of funds, police cert, medical request. 4th Aug 2023- passed medical

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
I got AOR in Jan 2021. Forgot my NOC but I'm a music teacher. Any idea what to expect with eligibility?
so you got the permanent AOR directly, not that temporary AOR?
and for music teacher the noc must be 5133 and in eligibility they must see the business plan as its a economic plan so they need mostly that how its going to be significant contribution in cultural way in canada and also the net worth if your business plan can run with that net worth.. may be they will ask for the interview if they need to know more and sometimes they except the interview if they are happy with the business plan.

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Yeah I got the permanent AOR back then. Now I'm just waiting to see what's next after passed medical. Yeah I think you're right about my NOC.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Yeah I got the permanent AOR back then. Now I'm just waiting to see what's next after passed medical. Yeah I think you're right about my NOC.
Where did you apply from? (we are also music teachers)

You got a medical request in April but didn't submit until August? I thought we only had 30 days to comply once they request something.

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Applying from Malaysia. I did my medical test within the timeframe, but was asked to do sputum test for some findings in my chest X-ray. The sputum test needed 10 weeks for the result. That's why I only passed the test in Aug

Reactions: tanyaviola

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
After a period of silence, they finally updated the processing time to 52 months. :oops:
that too after a month gap... last they updated on aug 22 n now sept 19... so I don't understand are they processing or just increasing the time every time they update the status portal...

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
that too after a month gap... last they updated on aug 22 n now sept 19... so I don't understand are they processing or just increasing the time every time they update the status portal...
It seems like the processing time declaration indicates that the previous applicant's application was reviewed and finalized after 52 months.