Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Today after 20 days of permanent AOR got the refusal letter stating you are not found eligible... Shattered everything
I'm so sorry to hear that. Some years ago before the pandemic, a friend of ours got a procedural fairness letter asking them to submit more documents as proof of relevant experience being self-employed artists. They did what was asked (submitted contracts from clients, deposit slips, etc.) and were approved. Unfortunately, I haven't read about IRCC sending these procedural fairness letters anymore when the pandemic hit. I've only been seeing outright refusals without giving the applicants a chance to explain or submit more documents for relevant experience.

What did they say the refusal grounds were?

Hemeda

Aug 8, 2022
I don't know where mine is. I tried emailing the NYC office but I just got a general reply that said they can't give info on specific applications and I'd have to fill out the webform for IRCC :rolleyes:
Most files for US citizens are processed within Canada centralized intake office sydney
@eanna06 I think he US citizen and received his medical request from CIO
probably

Reactions: tanyaviola

JTH

Jan 23, 2023
Weeks later and the London office says my application is still “being transferred”. Since March it has yet to reach london office. What are they playing at?! So slow.
Did they send you notification that your application is being transferred, we received AOR in January and since then no movement at all or any further communication.

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
hey guys,
can anyone tell me if I am the primary applicant in Self Employed Category then what documents do I need to provide for my spouse I haven't submitted any documents related to my wife yet as we got married after I sent my file to IRCC. so please anyone who can share their perspective on this n mentions the list of documents that I need to provide them as my wife will be accompanying me too.
Thank you...

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
hey guys,
can anyone tell me if I am the primary applicant in Self Employed Category then what documents do I need to provide for my spouse I haven't submitted any documents related to my wife yet as we got married after I sent my file to IRCC. so please anyone who can share their perspective on this n mentions the list of documents that I need to provide them as my wife will be accompanying me too.
Thank you...
This is the checklist. It has what you and your spouse need. So you'll likely need to log onto your application portal and upload the documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates, background checks, etc). If you don't yet have a permanent AOR, you should fill out the webform and perhaps attach the documents there. Generally, you won't get a response though.....not for a couple of months. That's how it was for me at least. It will help all of us if you post your timeline in your signature (when NS received your application, when you got temp AOR, permanent AOR, biometrics, etc).

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5784e.pdf

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Good Sunday afternoon from India.. Finally some movement in my application.. I have been asked to appear for an interview in Delhi Canadian consulate next month

I have been asked to produce any other documentary evidence that establishes your ability to meet the requirement of your chosen immigration category

Any help in this regard will be appreciated

Reactions: Taylah and aamy110

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Good Sunday afternoon from India.. Finally some movement in my application.. I have been asked to appear for an interview in Delhi Canadian consulate next month

I have been asked to produce any other documentary evidence that establishes your ability to meet the requirement of your chosen immigration category

Any help in this regard will be appreciated
what is your SE occupation?
what did you submit to prove your two one-year SE experience?
what did you submit to support that you can successfully continue SE activity when arrive in Canada?
what did you submit to show that you can contribute, in your occupation, culturally and economically in Canada?

According to your message, the officer had doubt about your eligibility to SE category. So the interview will be focusing on the above questions and helping the officer clear his/her doubt.

if you could provide more information about your application and the documents you submitted, we would be in a better position to advice.

Last edited:

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
what is your SE occupation?
what did you submit to prove your two one-year SE experience?
what did you submit to support that you can successfully continue SE activity when arrive in Canada?
what did you submit to show that you can contribute, in your occupation, culturally and economically in Canada?

According to your message, the officer had doubt about your eligibility to SE category. So the interview will be focusing on the above questions and helping the officer clear his/her doubt.

if you could provide more information about your application and the documents you submitted, we would be in a better position to advice.
Well... To be Frank we have submitted a huge bundle of documents to prove
NOC 5244 - Artisans and craftspersons

1. That we are running a business for more than 3 years.. including photo copy of orders received, completed and delivery made , payment received, profit and loss account, balance sheet, etc..

Shown proof of bank deposits, cash balance, gold jewellery, fixed assets like house and land etc..
More than 250k cad

Prepared a business plan showing details about current status of business, how it can be established after migration etc..

Educational testimonials, IELTS, business registration, police clearance certificate ..etc

Last edited:
Reactions: a.abhiman

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020

1. That we are running a business for more than 3 years.. including photo copy of orders received, completed and delivery made , payment received, profit and loss account, balance sheet, etc..

Shown proof of bank deposits, cash balance, gold jewellery, fixed assets like house and land etc..
More than 250k cad

Prepared a business plan showing details about current status of business, how it can be established after migration etc..

Educational testimonials, IELTS, business registration, police clearance certificate ..etc
Awesome.

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020

I would like to know what more should I do..

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022

More than 250k cad

Based on the above information, assuming all the evidences you listed above were relevant and authentic, to my understanding you should focus on proving the orders sold were all designed and made by you. Examples could be: design drawings/concept development, photos of your studio and production in steps, purchase of supplies needed for the crafting process and any more that you can think of that will satisfy the officer that you qualify under SE stream.

As you give no detail regarding the plan, can't really say anything there. however the basic requirements are: research of local market, place of your choice, proposed investment, a practical plan lead to SE. They really don't need over extensive business plan.

Last edited: