+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
I called IRCC today from within Canada and they said our case still says "prospective", which is so frustrating because the last email from them was in January 2021 saying they'd received our application from December 2020, and that's it. Nada after that. And the agent also said that the processing time for our stream has increased to 50 months. She said that applicants in this stream are so few compared to the other streams that I was the first person who applied to it that she encountered. She did say if it was too long a wait, that there's no limit to the number of applications we can lodge in other pathways. And that when we get approved through another stream, we can request for a refund with our FSE application. She emailed me a refund request form just so I have an idea how to go about it, if ever.

My family and I can't keep waiting for ages. It's going to be our first anniversary here in Canada next month and we're still not PR (I am on a PGWP, husband on OWP, kids on study permits). I'm looking at the Foreign Worker stream via OINP.
It's crazy you haven't even gotten a permanent AOR yet. According to this forum, I think most folks who applied in 2020 have now received at least that. Sounds like the person on the phone wasn't familiar with this stream. What was her department exactly? The fact that she is telling you 50 months processing time shows she doesn't really know what's going on with applications, as that is for people who apply NOW....shouldn't be for folks who applied a few years ago. Best of luck to you!

• Love
Reactions: mamasvoice

Florence_DHK

Feb 2, 2021
We have received an email this morning stating that our application has been received by the Singapore office following the biometric given in March 2023. Guys who have received PR any idea how long it may take from here?
Thanks

Reactions: Taylah and Homay7

JTH

Jan 23, 2023
We have received an email this morning stating that our application has been received by the Singapore office following the biometric given in March 2023. Guys who have received PR any idea how long it may take from here?
Thanks
Where did you apply from

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
It's crazy you haven't even gotten a permanent AOR yet. According to this forum, I think most folks who applied in 2020 have now received at least that. Sounds like the person on the phone wasn't familiar with this stream. What was her department exactly? The fact that she is telling you 50 months processing time shows she doesn't really know what's going on with applications, as that is for people who apply NOW....shouldn't be for folks who applied a few years ago. Best of luck to you!
Thank you! But we did apply in December 2020, on the 23rd, so we'll really be on the tail end of the batch. I don't know what department the agent was from. When you call from within Canada, they just put you in a queue and an agent comes up when you're in front of the line. Also, I should say that there was some mixup because of an ONLINE application I created sometime in August 2021. I found out that IRCC had quietly launched an online portal where you could also apply under FSE. So I created an application thinking that it might speed up our paper application, but I realized it might affect the original app we submitted in 2020, and I panicked. I sent them a letter via webform that I wanted to cancel the online application. I did not hear back from them except for a generic reply. Fast forward 6 months later and we were approved for my study permit with accompanying family members, we fly to Canada, I get my GCMS notes, and find out that they did confuse the two--online and paper applications. They thought I wanted to cancel our original paper application. :eek: Thankfully, I was able to clarify things with the agent over the phone recently and specifically told them (I called about 3 times in a one-week period, just to make sure) that I DID NOT want our original paper application cancelled. And to cancel that online application. When I called the very last time, the third time, the agent did confirm that yes, there was a note in our records that said "Do not cancel original application." My gosh. This is all making me dizzy. Haha! I'm now a graduate of a one-year post-grad program and in the middle of a 3-month job search. The market here in Toronto is highly competitive and I have to keep going and apply to jobs like crazy.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I emailed my local office and they have said "this is to confirmation your application is being transferred to London". Considering I was permanent number'd March 29th... it's slow.